• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Battery Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
A local Motorola dealer I do business with gave me a real good deal on 2 brand new 1500 mAh batteries for my 2 HT1550XLS portables. I charged them for about 14 hours before use. Now, last night I put them both to scan as I went to bed around 10:30PM and were still going as of 7:30AM. Each still shows 2 bars instead of 4 on the display. So, in scan mode, no TX, how long should I expect the batteries to last? What is considered average? Every battery I have used on these portables has been used but in good condition. This is my first experience with brand new batteries.

Manny

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Batteries

Battery life depends on more than just time. If you have a lot of receive traffic, the life will be shorter because the audio circuit will draw additional power than scanning. Do any lights come on when audio is received? If so, more power used. Even the slight differences in component tolerances can change the current draw. New batteries take a few charge/discharge cycles to reach maximum capacity. Unless the device has a constant current draw, it is difficult to give an exact answer. Most two way radios battery estimates are based on a transit, receive, and muted ratio (5% transmit, 5% receive, 90% muted for example). These are rarely real world conditions but give you an idea of what to expect.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
The radios both went to the 11 hour and we're shut off by me because I had to go out! There was a good amount of radio traffic. I'm not looking for an exact time but more like an average to compare to. I'm know no two radios or batteries are the same.

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.