BC125AT: New BC 125AT

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning!

I’ve recently purchased one of these to “have fun” supplementing a couple of other radios and to specifically focus on air and Mil Air. Great little radio with a terrific and detailed manual! Picking up lots of chatter in just a few days off the supplied duck and with an elevated copper J-Pole.

Quick questions. What are the current recommendations on alternate “duck”/portable antennas? What are the preferred standard mobile (or other) antennas.

Thanks!

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
+1 for the RH77CA.
The mobile/fixed antenna depends on your listening interests! You’ll find a Duscone is the fave of many for fixed use…as well the Omni-X! I use the latter for VHF monitoring and it works well!
Mobile could be a simple 1/4 wave stick for VHF or UHF or the Larsen 150/450/800 scanner antenna for multiple bands!

Bob1955

Good Morning!

I’ve recently purchased one of these to “have fun” supplementing a couple of other radios and to specifically focus on air and Mil Air. Great little radio with a terrific and detailed manual! Picking up lots of chatter in just a few days off the supplied duck and with an elevated copper J-Pole.

Quick questions. What are the current recommendations on alternate “duck”/portable antennas? What are the preferred standard mobile (or other) antennas.

Thanks!
Diamond RH-77CA and that's a great analog handheld scanner. Use it in good health.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
I use a Diamond RH77CA on my BC125AT for air/mil air when out in the back yard on the deck or at the local air sho
+1 for the RH77CA.
The mobile/fixed antenna depends on your listening interests! You’ll find a Duscone is the fave of many for fixed use…as well the Omni-X! I use the latter for VHF monitoring and it works well!
Mobile could be a simple 1/4 wave stick for VHF or UHF or the Larsen 150/450/800 scanner antenna for multiple bands!
Thank you.

bradenmikael

Premium Subscriber
I use a Diamond RH77CA on my BC125AT for air/mil air when out in the back yard on the deck or at the local air show.
I just bought one for my scanner. I listen to my scanner when I’m at work. It’s constantly with me, here at work, at home, always turned on. The action is non-stop in Pittsburgh.