BCD325P2/BCD996P2: New BCD996P2

Techy

Premium Subscriber
Hi folks, brand new to Digital scanners, How do I go about programming Suffolk County NY's Phase 2, trunked system? I have purchased ARC XT. Do I copy what I see from the database to add to the scanner? Pardon for seeming dumb. My first newest scanner after being out of the hobby for a few yesrs.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Have you installed the driver for the scanner? That is necessary to be able to communicate with the scanner. Here is a Suffolk County P25 ARC XT file for you to try. The zipped file is the ARC XT RSF programming file. The second PDF file will answer all of your questions about using quick keys. There are 7 sites on the trunked system. You can toggle each site on and off by pressing its system quick key number on the scanner keypad. You will be able to listen to each site one at a time to determine which ones are within range and carry the radio traffic you want to monitor. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC XT. Go to the Scanner tab and click on Upload to Scanner. Select the Suffolk Co NY system and Delete All Systems First. Click on Send to Scanner. If you have problems receiving the system, it may be due to simulcast distortion. You may want to try adjusting the P25 Threshold in the scanner menu for best digital decoding. I am just a little too far away to check it from here. Quick keys as follows:

SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. 700 East Simul (Site)
2. 700 West Simul (Site)
3. 800 Simulcast (Site)
4. First Precinct (Site)
5. Huntington (Site)
6. Montauk (Site)
7. Port Jefferson (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. SuffCo Services
2. SuffCo Transit
3. SuffCo Interop
4. SuffCo Emerg Ops
5. SuffCo Fire/Resc
5. SuffCo Fire West
5. SuffCo Fire Cent
5. SuffCo Fire East
5. SuffCo Loc Fire
6. SuffCo MEDCOM
7. SuffCo Sheriff
7. SuffCo Police
7. SuffCo Local PD
8. New York State
9. Farmingdale Coll
9. Stony Brook Univ
9. SuffCo Comm Coll

Attachments

• Suffolk Co NY XT.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Bob1955

Hi folks, brand new to Digital scanners, How do I go about programming Suffolk County NY's Phase 2, trunked system? I have purchased ARC XT. Do I copy what I see from the database to add to the scanner? Pardon for seeming dumb. My first newest scanner after being out of the hobby for a few yesrs. FreeScan software.
I'm in Westchester County, NY across the Long Island Sound from you so PM me.

Bob-Eastchester, NY

Techy

Premium Subscriber
Have you installed the driver for the scanner? That is necessary to be able to communicate with the scanner. Here is a Suffolk County P25 ARC XT file for you to try. The zipped file is the ARC XT RSF programming file. The second PDF file will answer all of your questions about using quick keys. There are 7 sites on the trunked system. You can toggle each site on and off by pressing its system quick key number on the scanner keypad. You will be able to listen to each site one at a time to determine which ones are within range and carry the radio traffic you want to monitor. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC XT. Go to the Scanner tab and click on Upload to Scanner. Select the Suffolk Co NY system and Delete All Systems First. Click on Send to Scanner. If you have problems receiving the system, it may be due to simulcast distortion. You may want to try adjusting the P25 Threshold in the scanner menu for best digital decoding. I am just a little too far away to check it from here. Quick keys as follows:

SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. 700 East Simul (Site)
2. 700 West Simul (Site)
3. 800 Simulcast (Site)
4. First Precinct (Site)
5. Huntington (Site)
6. Montauk (Site)
7. Port Jefferson (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. SuffCo Services
2. SuffCo Transit
3. SuffCo Interop
4. SuffCo Emerg Ops
5. SuffCo Fire/Resc
5. SuffCo Fire West
5. SuffCo Fire Cent
5. SuffCo Fire East
5. SuffCo Loc Fire
6. SuffCo MEDCOM
7. SuffCo Sheriff
7. SuffCo Police
7. SuffCo Local PD
8. New York State
9. Farmingdale Coll
9. Stony Brook Univ
9. SuffCo Comm Coll
Thanks a million tv! The usb cable installed with no need for the driver. Windows 11, Shows as COM 5 in the device manager. Programmed my conventional and it ran perfect. Thanks again!