BCD436HP/BCD536HP: New DMR System - How to Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoyeom

Hi,

I'm new to DMR scanning. I found two DMR frequencies during a frequency search and they are not listed in RR. I'd like to learn how to program it properly into my scanner.

I have put each frequency in their own favourites list.

453.2250 DMR Single Frequency, TG search, Color code search
453.2000 DMR Single Frequency, TG search, Color code search.

I get talkgroups that start with "i" eg i9008 and user id's that start with "i" as well eg i1. I presume that means they are new? I understand that DST and SRC mean destination and source but not sure what they refer to.

I presume that I just hit enter when a new talk group comes up and it will add the slot number etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I'm new to DMR scanning. I found two DMR frequencies during a frequency search and they are not listed in RR. I'd like to learn how to program it properly into my scanner.

I have put each frequency in their own favourites list.

453.2250 DMR Single Frequency, TG search, Color code search
453.2000 DMR Single Frequency, TG search, Color code search.

I get talkgroups that start with "i" eg i9008 and user id's that start with "i" as well eg i1. I presume that means they are new? I understand that DST and SRC mean destination and source but not sure what they refer to.

I presume that I just hit enter when a new talk group comes up and it will add the slot number etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
The "talkgroups" that start with an "i" are not really talkgroups. Those are what Uniden callas "i-Calls", and are what the GRE/Whistler scanners treat as Private calls. The DST & SRC refer to the unit being called (DST) and the SRC is the unit initiating the transmissions. These are calls between two specific users, and are not heard by other users on the same system.

If you have programmed these two frequencies as conventional channels, you would not be able to add a TGID nor the slot. Program these as One Frequency Trunked systems instead. Programmed that way, with it also set to ID Search instead of ID Scan, you would see all the active talkgroups on the frequency, and would be able to program (and text tag) individual TGIDs, as well as set a slot if they only use one specific slot. Depending on the way the system is set, a specific talkgroup might only use the same slot every time. But quite often, instead, it may use either of the slots, in case the 'first choice' is in use for a different conversation. (If you are already using One Frequency Trunked (OFT), then hitting Enter for a new talkgroup would save the TGID & slot.)

Ubbe

Program each frequency as a seperate site, with different names, in OFT. If you do see any TG's being active then check if the same TG's are active on both sites. They then can be part of the same site and needs to be programmed as MotoTrboTrunked with LCN values, which can be found when run in Analyze/LCN Finder mode.

/Ubbe

jasoyeom

The "talkgroups" that start with an "i" are not really talkgroups. Those are what Uniden callas "i-Calls", and are what the GRE/Whistler scanners treat as Private calls. The DST & SRC refer to the unit being called (DST) and the SRC is the unit initiating the transmissions. These are calls between two specific users, and are not heard by other users on the same system.

If you have programmed these two frequencies as conventional channels, you would not be able to add a TGID nor the slot. Program these as One Frequency Trunked systems instead. Programmed that way, with it also set to ID Search instead of ID Scan, you would see all the active talkgroups on the frequency, and would be able to program (and text tag) individual TGIDs, as well as set a slot if they only use one specific slot. Depending on the way the system is set, a specific talkgroup might only use the same slot every time. But quite often, instead, it may use either of the slots, in case the 'first choice' is in use for a different conversation. (If you are already using One Frequency Trunked (OFT), then hitting Enter for a new talkgroup would save the TGID & slot.)

Oh yes I remember i-Calls! I haven't seen them in use before on my 396XT so I had forgot what they were. I do have each frequency programmed as One Frequency Trunked in their own separate favourites list but scanned together so I can see if they have the same talk groups which I do have set to search. As soon as I see a new talk group I do hit enter to save the information. I guess I was doing it right all along. lol. Thanks for the help!

jasoyeom

Program each frequency as a seperate site, with different names, in OFT. If you do see any TG's being active then check if the same TG's are active on both sites. They then can be part of the same site and needs to be programmed as MotoTrboTrunked with LCN values, which can be found when run in Analyze/LCN Finder mode.

/Ubbe

Thank you. I wonder if the LCN would be the same as the system was LTR before. Good to know about MotoTrbo.

jasoyeom

So far I've monitored both sites with not much activity. Each frequency has a couple of talk groups but none are common with each other. Since that is the case I presume that they are not mototrbo (so far) and that they are their own separate channels. I'm guessing that each frequency could have multiple talk groups as well? There is more i-call action than there is talk groups. The other issue is how to prove it's Erie Transit to update RR? The frequencies don't match anything here in Ontario but do match Erie, Pa Transit and they are talking about buses.

mciupa

So far I've monitored both sites with not much activity. Each frequency has a couple of talk groups but none are common with each other. Since that is the case I presume that they are not mototrbo (so far) and that they are their own separate channels. I'm guessing that each frequency could have multiple talk groups as well? There is more i-call action than there is talk groups. The other issue is how to prove it's Erie Transit to update RR? The frequencies don't match anything here in Ontario but do match Erie, Pa Transit and they are talking about buses.

You could create a submission: Submit Data to RadioReference and let the Pennsylvania DB Admin decide if it is valid. Looks like a good candidate for something new as the last update was almost seven years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.