• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New England Area Milcom Monitoring

Mark

Premium Subscriber
RCH 312 C-17 inbound Dover tonight 0315z from MCAS Miramar San Diego.
Seems the other day left Cape Cod to Texas then Miramar MCAS KNKX.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Ascot 9102 Voayager ZZ335 landed Dover tonight 2235z on way back from Red Flag 19-2
along with 4 RAF Typhoons.
Assume headed your way Tuesday morning on way home.

thom

Premium Subscriber
A few minutes ago, a C 17A, (08-8200, AE2FAC) flew over my location at 29000 ft, on the CT coast. It appeared to have something trailing or dangling or flying just underneath its tail. It was difficult to see what it was thru my trees. It's a very clear day and I don't think that the couple of beers I had last night had anything to do with my observation.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Looks like your C-17 from 62AW McChord came in from overseas and into McGuire.
Thinking something accidently deployed from ramp? Guess they couldn't do anything
till it landed...

AR20NE Eastbound Res for Weds morning up your way 8:00am local to 11:00am local at FL210-240.
Kind of low and 3 hour Res is unusual.. Maybe more Red Flag folks headed home?

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Neat vid of the 5 Barksdale Buffs with Norwegian F-16's over Norway area the other day.
Comment says each Buff can carry 20 cruise missiles with W80 warheads each at 1500 mile range.
That is a mess of firepower hopefully never needed.
Lots of contrails in the cold air :)