New feed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I just got approved and setup my first feed for RR.com (more to come) its the Queens NYPD 109th & 111th. Just want to give you guys the heads up.

SCPD

QRT
Thats great. Glad people are listening to it. Lets just hope nobody uses it while committing a crime. Thats the only thing im kind of worried about

SCPD

QRT
I felt i needed to give something back to the rr.com people so this was the only thing i could think of. Glad you also like it. I will be moving to a newer server and scanner in about 1 week.

auxscan

Thats great. Glad people are listening to it. Lets just hope nobody uses it while committing a crime. Thats the only thing im kind of worried about

i was listening to my scanner on the109/111 freq and the feed you provided and the transmit time is off by good 30 secs. most feed are like this. however its a good thing it doesn't allow criminals to know whats achually happening.

so you shouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Everyone commented how clear and loud it is. Are there any really bad feeds on here?
Why bother setting up a feed if its going to be muddy sounding?

NYRHKY94

Yes, unfortunately there are feeds that don't sound very good. Getting the audio just right on a feed can often be a challenge for feed volunteers, particularly if they are new to setting one up. Most providers do a good job in my experience.

P.S. Your feed audio is on the "excellent" side. Great job! Hope you keep it on the air :)

SCPD

QRT
i dont plan on ever really taking it down. If anything im going to upgrade the server and the scanner im using for the feed. I dont want to burn out my br330t or my good laptop. So im going nuts on ebay bidding on older conventional scanners

k2ns

Not Listed as Queens

I went to look for your feed under "live audio" and couldn't find you in the Queens listings---R/R has you listed under Manhattan. :confused: :confused: :confused:

RON

Status
Not open for further replies.