new Fobos SDR with USB 3.0 Interface from RigExpert

dotncom

Those who interested in fobos, it became available in Ukraine last week. So, orders not will be shipped quick. I think, best option is write email to Rigexpert, and get detailed information.

Also, firmware for fobos sdr both versions available. So, if you have some problems - you can reprogram it by yourself. It not yet available in internet, but generally, it in free distribution. If you need it in future, I can help.

Unitrunker2

Premium Subscriber
Update today from Gigaparts.

"As indicated on our website, the ZRE-FOBOS on your order is currently out of stock, but we expect to ship the complete order in approximately 2-4 weeks. We will keep you updated on this time frame as often as possible, based on information provided to us by the manufacturer. Lead times are subject to change at any time."

aooobc

Why are they using a MAX2830 wifi frontend to mix to baseband? This seems like a really strange architecture.
Also, how is this 14bit, the ADC they appear to be using is 12bit.

dotncom

Ltc2142 is 14-bit ADC as it says in datasheet, here's structural scheme of old 2.0 version

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-21-00-09-15-278_org.sufficientlysecure.viewer.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-21-00-09-15-278_org.sufficientlysecure.viewer.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 10

VK4BNQ

I would wait until RigExpert improve this Fobos SDR. I only use it above 50 MHz, it works OK with SDR++ (supplied by them) with DSD+ for digital reception, better than the RTL-SDR but there are a lot of mirror signals and FM stations in the air band, despite the FM stations being of fairly low strength here. At this stage, RigExpert seem to think it's all OK and that we should make compromises. My feedback stated that I don't use it on HF but their reply went on about HF for some reason... It has great potential, and I love the wide bandwidth, I just hope they can improve a few things to make it great.

BM82557