New GRE PSR-500 and now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenn_moses

Premium Subscriber
I have had many of both and will agree the GRE's are harder to learn
but WAY WORTH IT! The PSR 500 is my favorite and I paid top dollar when it came
out. I like Win500. The import from RR is really hard. I don't do it enough to offer expert
advise. My problem is that it always wants to download the entire HUGE Colorado DTRS
system and then you need to pick the towers (not an easy task), the counties, systems,
etc. Hang in there and I promise you will love the scanner.

JK

eyes00only: Yes indeed the RR download of the CO DTRS includes every system in the state. Then I went into the downloaded data and picked off what I wanted like Troop 4A etc then did the upload. With WIN500 the scanner screen changed and beeped after the upload completed. But then, alas, still got the miserable "nothing enabled" message when I pressed "scan."

Whomever said I must have missed some detail...you're absolutely right. I am missing something that must be obvious to the gifted but half-wits like me don't see it. RATS! I was not born rich, smart or devilishly handsome. I am somewhat handy with duct tape though.

Highpockets

eyes00only: Yes indeed the RR download of the CO DTRS includes every system in the state. Then I went into the downloaded data and picked off what I wanted like Troop 4A etc then did the upload. With WIN500 the scanner screen changed and beeped after the upload completed. But then, alas, still got the miserable "nothing enabled" message when I pressed "scan."

Whomever said I must have missed some detail...you're absolutely right. I am missing something that must be obvious to the gifted but half-wits like me don't see it. RATS! I was not born rich, smart or devilishly handsome. I am somewhat handy with duct tape though.

Read my message #15 in this thread, I think that is where your going wrong.

Highpockets

Win500 has a limit (also scanner) of 32 freq's for a trunked system, and it might be taking the first 32, you should only check the sites that are near your house, or just the closest one. If it picks the first 32 and none are near you, you won't receive the Control Channel. That could also cause a problem.

Last edited:

Highpockets

I don't live near you, but I made a quick file for you to check out, I picked some sites (Freq's) that were marked Mesa. It has three scan lists (all enabled) for the heck of it, unzip this file into your Win500 directory, use the open command (mesa.p500)(under the file tab, top left of Win500) and upload it to your scanner and see if it works. Then you'll have an idea on what you should do for your own file.

Last edited:

V_A_R_I_A_B_L_E

CIA Agent
Feed Provider
Reviving an old thread but I just picked up a PSR-310, programmed Portland's 800MHz system/lots of talkgroups into Win500, and then uploaded to the scanner, only to receive the "Nothing Enabled" error. I had scanlists enabled, and I had talkgroup objects associated with those scanlists. After more poking around, I realized that I had accidentally Locked Out the TSYS object that is the actual 800MHz trunking system.

I'll just post there here in case anyone else accidentally does the same thing and Googles their way to this thread while scratching their head like I just did.

Status
Not open for further replies.