new guy needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireguy01

new to these boards. I am having difficulty with CE44 programming on a vertex handheld. Where do I post for assistance?? 154.100 shared (as the crow flies) about 25 miles with an adjacent county. I cannot get them off my radio. I hear their dispatch traffic at times. It is wide band. Ralls county Missouri, picking up Pike county Illinois

Last edited:

JoeyC

Licenses? If you're both licensed, you're SOL. Use a PL or DCS. If your agency is licensed for the freq and they aren't, then you may have a case for the FCC. However, if they have a valid license and your agency isn't, I wouldn't be complaining about it publicly.

fireguy01

we are both fcc licensed and registered volunteer fire departments. They boosted their signal a while back through a repeater I am told and this is why we now are having issues. I put our PL tones into our programming and it may have take care of it. Time will tell.

JoeyC

Just out of curiousity, what agency is your dept? I tried a FCC search for 154.1 in Ralls Co MO and nothing came up.

fireguy01

Probably because I put the incorrect number in there. I went off of memory and missed it by a couple #,s. It is 154.145 NOT 154.100. Sorry for the mistake.

JoeyC

RR (and FCC) shows Ralls County using 155.145 ( ONE FIVE FIVE) and Pike Co IL using 154.1 (ONE FIVE FOUR). I think you are programming the wrong freq or something.

fireguy01

Thank you for correcting me on the incorrect #'s. It definetly is the 155.145 which is my ralls 911 channel. This is the channel I am hearing skip on. I reconnected my radio to the CE44 and it is 155.145 with 118.8 tone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.