New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star1

I have monitored radios since I was a kid with my Grandfather. I am now starting to get back into it. I just purchased a radioshack pro97. My biggest problem is finding a complete list of the fire departments frequencies. I am in Las Vegas and have clark county and part of city but can't seem to get anything on North Las Vegas or Henderson.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you and seeing what each other have to say.

Star1

Yes I have. It doesn't seem to have all the frequencies and other info that my friends Uniden has. He has 3 uniden Bearcats set up and track all three Fire dept. But I can't seem to figure out how to get the information from them. He had someone else program them and wouldn't know how to even start to find the info.

TOUGHLIFE

Go check out Amateur Electronics Supply (647-3114) in Las Vegas or Radio World in Boulder City (294-2666) and acquire a copy of the Southern Nevada Scanner Book and it will most likely give you everything you want to know about monitor radio listening in greater LV. I like it so much I keep a copy in my truck and one in my house. Be sure to ask for the June update sheet as well.

tbnmaster

TOUGHLIFE said:
Go check out Amateur Electronics Supply (647-3114) in Las Vegas or Radio World in Boulder City (294-2666) and acquire a copy of the Southern Nevada Scanner Book and it will most likely give you everything you want to know about monitor radio listening in greater LV. I like it so much I keep a copy in my truck and one in my house. Be sure to ask for the June update sheet as well.

I have to echo what toughlife said above. I picked up a copy of the Southern Nevada Scanner Book and it contained a wealth of info I couldn't find anywhere else. It's very reasonably priced for the amount of information you get in it. Plus, you get free updates whenever they update the book. Can't beat it.

Star1

I will have to check that out. It sounds like it would come in very useful. I started all this in Colorado and they didn't use trunked systems so this is all new to me.

TOUGHLIFE

You will also find radio codes used by the different agencies in the book. Radio World in BC also has new and old radios some of which look like they belong in a museum. There is no other store like it around here. But both have the book and the latest update sheet the last time I visited each store which was last week.

Happy listening.

w2wml

Premium Subscriber
If you are listening to Clark county, you should hear NLV and Henderson provided you have the right talk groups. 41104 is North las vegas info/dispatch. You should also check out the alarm office on the Clark county fire web site. If there is a call in NLV, it will show.

Star1

Yeah I found that page about 4 months ago. Its an awesome site. I have it stored in favorites on my blackberry as well, that way I can check for traffic accidents as well. I have noticed that if it says Fire in a building it just means a full dispatch, wich could be anything from gas leak to fire, etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.