New HP netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I heard that HP has come out with a new 10" screen netbook that has an 8 hour battery as opposed to the usual netbooks with 4 hour batteries, I googled this, however without the model number I've had no success, is anyone familiar with this?

CapStar362

yes its the Extended 6Cell Battery. just about all netbooks with a extended life battery will have between 4-8 hours runtime in the Optimized Battery Power mode

DELCOLHFC

I bought an Asus eee 10.1" netbook about 3 weeks ago with the 6 cell battery pack, it has been delivering 8 hours plus on battery power. I'm very pleased with it!

safetyobc

I just got the Toshiba T115D-S1120. It is an 11.6" netbook. Has 720p resolution. Can handle HD video with broadcom graphics. Has an AMD processor. I really like it. Got it for $390 shipped using bing cashback.

Pennywise

Banned
Thanks guys, I finally found the HP netbook at Office Depot & the promo material boast an 8 hour "minimum" usage window instead of the optional power-saver 4 to 8 hour usage window that HPs competitors are touting, It's going for $229.95 & at certain stores they are throwing in those small laptop wireless mice so I think I'll Bite on this one & give a review, I just want to use it for live streaming anyway, the new internet radio trend just seems too complicated & restricted for me & I refuse to go the cellphone or ipod route.

Last edited:

ffemt601

Thanks guys, I finally found the HP netbook at Office Depot & the promo material boast an 8 hour "minimum" usage window instead of the optional power-saver 4 to 8 hour usage window that HPs competitors are touting, It's going for $229.95 & at certain stores they are throwing in those small laptop wireless mice so I think I'll Bite on this one & give a review, I just want to use it for live streaming anyway, the new internet radio trend just seems too complicated & restricted for me & I refuse to go the cellphone or ipod route.

The cheapest I can find it at OD is 299.95??

Pennywise

Banned
$299.95 is supposed to be the original price & the HP netbook is I believe the new HP-210-101NR To confirm that it's the right one, the cover is suppossed to be very shiny which the user reviews listed that as a con because fingerprints show up & the other con is fair to poor audio & the reveiwers reccommend using either external speakers or headphones, everything else was pushing it's rating up to 4 1/2 stars out of five, I am going to trot on down to HD & check it out before plunking down my heard earned clown job money. The free mice issue appears to be a manager sale deal for people who are frequent buyers with that OD perks card like OM & Staples have.

Pennywise

Banned
Office Depot or was it Office Max???

ffemt601, you are correct, first the $229.95 was a typo on my part, it's $299.95 like you stated, plus I wasn't even in the right store, It was Office Max, clownish senior moment, It was an Acer & this store manager said since the HP came out with the 8 hour battery having a usage window without having to go into the power saviing mode, all the competition are upgrading their batteries. I think I'll go with the Acer though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.