New License Payment Process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Has the fee for a new amateur license gone into effect yet? If so, how/where do you pay? I'm assuming processing won't complete until they get their $$$ if the fee is in effect now.

I took Technician yesterday, passed, was offered the opportunity to take General, and passed that as well. The VEs didn't seem to have any idea where/how to pay other than advising me to go to the FCC web site.

2IR473

Premium Subscriber
It is my understanding the fee structure has not been implemented yet. It may be a few more months before it goes into effect, so you should have tried for Extra and completed the trifecta for free (other than the VE fees).

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I just filed an update for my Amateur license. Changing callsign, email, etc and didn't have to pay.

Also congrats on General.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
From the ARRL story on the new fees:
The effective date of the fee schedule has not been established, but it will be announced at least 30 days in advance. The FCC has directed the Office of Managing Director, in consultation with relevant offices and bureaus, to draft a notice for publication in the Federal Register announcing when rule change(s) will become effective, “once the relevant databases, guides, and internal procedures have been updated.”

To the best of my knowledge, the FCC has not published an effective date.

prcguy

My amateur license is up for renewal so I got on the FCC ULS and went through the process. At the end it said there was no fee but there was also no immediate posting of my updated license, it seems to be in limbo somewhere. I then went to the FCC web site for payment and there was nothing pending for payment.

???

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
As has been previously reported, the FCC has not published an effective date for the new license fees. This information will need to be published in the Federal register before the FCC can start collecting money.

k6cpo

As has been previously reported, the FCC has not published an effective date for the new license fees. This information will need to be published in the Federal register before the FCC can start collecting money.

It was published this morning, effective April 19, 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.