New live feed for Mesa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
OK, I decided to make good use of a rare weekday off of work and I set up a live feed for the Mesa PD/FD Digital system, complete with Alpha tags! Woot!

You'll need Winamp to play the stream. Select File->Open URL then point it to http://prwnstreamd.redirectme.net/stream.ogg

What you'll mainly hear (when the scanner isn't spitting out gobbledygook, which happens frequently):

Mesa PD districts 1,2,3,4 and the hot monitor on Channel 5
Mesa FD Channels 1 thru 7 which covers Mesa, Gilbert and Apache Junction FD
EDIT: Gilbert PD 1 thru 6 - almost forgot.
Phoenix FD 1 thru 10 (on the rare occasions that they are being carried on Simulcast D)
Phoenix PD A4-A8 and B4-B8 (when those are being simulcast, which happens quite a bit)
Beeps and weird tags as I tweak and adjust things.

If you can, give it a listen and drop me a note on how it works or doesn't work. It's working like a dream over the internet on my wireless LAN (now I can listen to the scanner in the bedroom AND the living room, how cool is that :D) but I'd like others to test it also. It's streaming over port 80 so it should (I hope) make it thru corporate firewalls too. I'll be testing that from my dayjob tomorrow.

One last thing, I know the audio sounds crappy. I'll work on that. Other than that, if you have any problems or suggestions please reply to this thread and let me know.

-AZ

Last edited:

AZScanner

FLANO said:
That link doesn't work for me --- using Winamp version 3.0b

John
SE of Tucson

Hmm. I'm not sure if it will work with early versions of WinAmp. I'm currently monitoring it with version 5.1. Anyone have 5.1 and wanna try it?

Also, I've found if I click the link my stupid browser just tries to download a continually growing file. Instead, try copying the link, then in WinAmp go to File -> Open URL and paste it. Let me know if that works. I have no way to test 3.0 here without uninstalling 5.1.

Thanks for the feedback - I was beginning to wonder if anyone was online. :D

UPDATE: According to icecast.org (Icecast is the server I'm currently using for this) WinAmp 3.x will NOT work with an Icecast Stream. Winamp 2.x or 5.x should work fine.

-AZ

Last edited:

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Well, just upgraded to 5.1, and still can't get it to play. I tested it out on some other radio links and it worked fine.....

John
SE of Tucson

AZScanner

FLANO said:
Well, just upgraded to 5.1, and still can't get it to play. I tested it out on some other radio links and it worked fine.....

John
SE of Tucson

Oops - I forgot to update this thread. I've changed the URL to the feed - found out that my ISP doesn't allow port 80 outbound traffic (aha...) so try this one instead:

http://prwnstreamd.redirectme.net:8000/mesalive.ogg.m3u

Sorry for the confusion...
-AZ

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Ok, well, now it is downloading information like crazy, but Winamp is saying "connecting..." with no connection being made. I'm on a dial-up connection, best connection is 36k bps. If you're transmitting the video from the scanner too, perhaps I'm not fast enough to decode the signal. Perhaps try it without the video and see if someone can hear it....now the downloading has stopped, but still no connection.

Hope this helps.....

John
SE of Tucson

AZScanner

Well no matter what I try this thing won't work. I've given up on it. I think my ISP is preventing me from doing it or maybe it's my router. I don't know but I've blown my whole weekend on it, with no results.

Perhaps if someone has a media server or icecast relay I can publish it to, I can get it working that way. But hosting it from this machine just isn't going to happen.

Thanks everyone for trying it out. Sorry I don't have better news.

-AZ

aar9sm

Mesa Pd

Has anybody here been able to listen to Mesa Pd?
1. What scanner are you using?
2. What antenna?
3. What is the location of Mesa Pd antennas?
4. Why is Mesa so difficult to track?

Mike

jambo

InlandAZ said:
List the content of you bank for Mesa - I've never heard a peep on their system...

What exactly do you mean? Do you need the FREQ'S for Mesa Or the TG'S or both?

PS: Sorry it took me so long to get back to ya InlandAZ.

InlandAZ

jambo said:
What exactly do you mean? Do you need the FREQ'S for Mesa Or the TG'S or both?

PS: Sorry it took me so long to get back to ya InlandAZ.
I was just looking for the control channel order to see if they were different from my own. I had some issues with Mesa but managed to get them corrected. For what ever reason when the scanner was run in closed mode, it was completely deaf (in spite of having the appropriate TGID's entered). I knew they were correct because when the scanner was in open mode I could see the text tags I entered.

I reinitialized the scanner, uploaded my P96 file and it works like a champ (open or closed - go figure).

jambo

InlandAZ said:
I was just looking for the control channel order to see if they were different from my own. I had some issues with Mesa but managed to get them corrected. For what ever reason when the scanner was run in closed mode, it was completely deaf (in spite of having the appropriate TGID's entered). I knew they were correct because when the scanner was in open mode I could see the text tags I entered.

I reinitialized the scanner, uploaded my P96 file and it works like a champ (open or closed - go figure).

Thats wierd, but I guess if it worked after initializing, your in good shape. Must have been a hang up, or misconfiguration somewere when you first set it up. Glad to see you got it going. Lots to listen to there in Mesa.

Dale67

Ok question... IS there a way that i CAN Listen to the phoenix pd/fd from Texas WITH OUT using azcentral or abc15or is it 13?

Dale67

AZScanner

Dale67 said:
Ok question... IS there a way that i CAN Listen to the phoenix pd/fd from Texas WITH OUT using azcentral or abc15or is it 13?

Dale67

ICP963 (Roy) was working on putting up a feed - not sure if he got it working yet or not - maybe he'll chime in and let us know. I tried to set one up but my router wouldn't hear of it. Maybe I'll try again this weekend for fun. I was doing the teamspeak thing for a while but my computer freaked out and I had to pull it. I think Dylan still does the PD feed on teamspeak. Check out scannerbuff.net for connection info.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.