New PSR 800 Need Help With EZ Scan Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

weevy

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone!! I just rec'd my new 800 Scanner. I have a couple of questions in regards to this software and how to program the scanner through the software.

I have installed the software, and have updated the firmware. So I am good to go on that end.

I downloaded all the freq's for my zip code both conventional and trunking freq's.

My question is after the freq's are downloaded how do I transfer them to the scanner?

For instance on the conventional freq's I would like to have 1 scanlist for Iowa State Patrol. How do I get all the ISP freq's into a Scanlist? Can I copy and paste?

Also I am interested in some trunking talkgroups, how do I go about that. I would like to transfer police into trunking scanlists.

Can I export from Radio Ref Freq's into the Ez Scan Software.

I would like also like some insight how some of you have your scanners set up

Thanks for the help

wc8i

Premium Subscriber
Help with software

If u go to gre America and register ur name etc u can let them no and they will help u out they even called me and talked a hr and a half on the phone walking me through my questions very nice people in fact they are calling me bk tomorrow on another question, I posted I needed help not one person give me any advice so it's useless to ask most of these guys so save ur posts go straight to the source, I think u will be su
Surprised how nice gre is Bill

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
New PSR 800

When you use the Zip Code option, the scanner assigns the frequencies to lists that are already in the software. It is possible but very time consuming to rearrange them. To create your own lists, use the Standard method of selecting frequencies. This slower than the other methods, but you have far more control of arranging things how you want them. For fastest transfer, put the SD card in a card reader and send the data from the program. Sending it directly to the scanner is usually much slower and in some cases error prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.