new radio related holiday gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

o.k. since the holidays are here, what did we all get radio related ?. i have money earmarked for a new basic portable scanner, and a fm notch filter. i'm saving for a digital/tdma phase II scanner. down the road.
the happiest of holidays to the radioreference community. the healthiest of new year's too. K !.

P.S. MAYBE FOR THE HOLIDAY'S, WE COULD MAKE THIS A STICKY.

Last edited by a moderator:

KJ6HCB

Way stoked.... gotta post my new light for the shack :D :D :D

neonyeye.jpg

SlyFerret

My present this year was a new pro-106. My wife and I don't have anything under the tree this year. Both of us got or gifts early.

-SF

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
a shiny new acer dual core laptop sits in my lap as we speak,thanks to my lady! :D
mmmerry christmas all!!!
n9zas

gaburbano

Premium Subscriber
nice shiny 396XT under my tree, now I gotta learn to use it. My wife got it with Butel all ready to use.

George

cpd204

Late Christmas present

Tomorrow, I will add another scanner to my collection, a PRO-164. Perfect timing because I'll be going to Wisconsin and it's going to be a 4 hour trip.It will give me something to do with all that driving.

GrumpyGuard

The wife bought me a 30 amp switching power supply, battery tender plus, and the battery tender 10 watt solar panel.

Rob_K

Feed Provider
This year I didn't get anything new but, last year I did!

I received a tripod and a Scannercraft ST-2. I had the scannercraft antenna in my attic along with my Diamond X50 (that I purchased in 2010 and never put outside)

A few weeks ago I got the X50 on the roof but, on Christmas Eve I was able to get last year's gift outside, finally!

The ST-2 is on a 15ft mast. I'm not sure how it is going to hold up on a 3ft tripod so, I may end up cutting 5ft off the mast.

antennas.jpg

Hopefully I'll get some photos in to the install thread in the near future.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
This year I didn't get anything new but, last year I did!

I received a tripod and a Scannercraft ST-2. I had the scannercraft antenna in my attic along with my Diamond X50 (that I purchased in 2010 and never put outside)

A few weeks ago I got the X50 on the roof but, on Christmas Eve I was able to get last year's gift outside, finally!

The ST-2 is on a 15ft mast. I'm not sure how it is going to hold up on a 3ft tripod so, I may end up cutting 5ft off the mast.

antennas.jpg

Hopefully I'll get some photos in to the install thread in the near future.

Nice antenna setup,what do you use the X50 for?

sjgostovich

My loving spouse and chitlins got me a Midland 75-822 CB radio and 300 watt Cobra HGA1500 mag mount antenna so I can jaw-jack with the truckers on my commute! Let the good times roll!

Status
Not open for further replies.