New Satellit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmm...the ad is a bit misleading. Under the HF coverage it says '17.11' when I suspect 1.711 Mhz was meant. Not very good tech writing here...

'DAB' is in a band that the US doesn't use for FM broadcasting.

I wonder how long it will be before eton/Grundig gets themselves into a fit, since I think the 'Satellit' name is trademarked. All they needed to do was change a couple of letters....Mike

Last edited:

majoco

Stirrer
£199 translates to about $335. You have to be kidding me. Yuck.

+1

...and who are "soulra" - the ad says the have been making radios for 50years - how come we haven't heard of them before. Surely "Satellit" is a Grundig copyright.

Aha! I've dug a bit deeper....

"© Copyright 2013 Soulra is a registered trademark of Etón Corporation U.S.A. All Rights Reserved."

Same crap - different name :wink:

Boombox

I can see how the DAB part of it would make it interesting, if I were in Europe.

I think the Nevada store used to market it's own radios in the UK -- I used to see their ads in UK SW magazines back in the 1990's.

It looks like there are a couple other, less expensive Soulra brand radios on that site that have DAB as well as AM/FM/SW.

SCPD

QRT
New Eton Satellit

Due out Sept. 2014, portable, am / fm / lw / sw . MSRP $ 229.99, looking at a pic on the web site appears to have ssb, no specs are posted as of now.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Threads merged since they seem to be talking about the same receiver.

We'll see how this one flies when it starts to get reviews...Mike

WaveyDipole

Well we are in September. Nevada dropped the ad a few weeks ago and I have been told they usually do this if they are not going to stock it. I e-mailed Soulra a couple of times back in July, but so far, no response, not even a basic 'Sorry we have no details yet....' so not impressed.

WaveyDipole

I fired off another e-mail to Soulra/Eton yesterday and this time I did get a reply:

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in our new product. The Satellit should be available early October.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1.800.872.2228 M-F 8-4:30 p.m. PST.

This appears to confirm the statement referred to by ka3jjz on the Universal website.

Status
Not open for further replies.