New scanner base antenna help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

What bands do you listen to the most? It will work, and yes there are better. Check out the Wiki and past threads for more information, there are a bunch of articles there.

W6KRU

The only way you could do that is run the ground to the antenna itself, as the pvc would act as an insulator.

The only thing to ground on that antenna would be the bracket. That is a very small part of the antenna. I don't think anything would be accomplished.

Lots of people throw out the advice to ground the antenna. When I throw out the "where" question, no one answers. There are lots of antennas that can't be grounded. The mast should absolutely be grounded and the coax should have a lightning arrestor tied to gnd. But the antenna? Not necessarily.

eddie412

The only thing to ground on that antenna would be the bracket. That is a very small part of the antenna. I don't think anything would be accomplished.

Lots of people throw out the advice to ground the antenna. When I throw out the "where" question, no one answers. There are lots of antennas that can't be grounded. The mast should absolutely be grounded and the coax should have a lightning arrestor tied to gnd. But the antenna? Not necessarily.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking the bracket but now I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.