New Style LE Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-24

Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
496
Location
Indiana
I seen one for the first time last week on SR 26. I was like WTF was that? I didn't know they had them either.
 

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Moderator
Joined
Dec 23, 2001
Messages
6,921
Location
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I always like this design the best, with the gold or silver arrow. However, I wonder how it would have looked with a blue arrow?

Why does the ISP always change their paint schemes their patrol cars come in? Here in Michigan, we have used pretty much the same blue design since 1956. Nonetheless, I do like the full light bars rather than the single bubble we use up here.

73's

Ron
 

bigbluemsp

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
1,692
Location
Michigan
Thunderbolt said:
I always like this design the best, with the gold or silver arrow. However, I wonder how it would have looked with a blue arrow?

Why does the ISP always change their paint schemes their patrol cars come in? Here in Michigan, we have used pretty much the same blue design since 1956. Nonetheless, I do like the full light bars rather than the single bubble we use up here.

73's

Ron
You mean this Blue Arrow on it? This is what all the NEW ISP cars will look like.

 

scannerfreak

Moderator
Database Admin
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
5,195
Location
Indiana
That single bubble light is the worse thing I have ever seen..They should give it up and get real light bars..
 

bigbluemsp

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
1,692
Location
Michigan
scanner_freak said:
That single bubble light is the worse thing I have ever seen..They should give it up and get real light bars..
Those so called real light bars like strobes and LEDs are completly and totaly useless in the blowing snow of our U.P and the thick fog along the lakes.
 

bigbluemsp

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
1,692
Location
Michigan
scanner_freak said:
That single bubble light is the worse thing I have ever seen..They should give it up and get real light bars..
Those so called real light bars like strobes and LEDs are completly and totaly useless in the blowing snow of our U.P and the thick fog along the lakes.
 

jwasson

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
4
bigbluemsp said:
My buddy was at the Police Car Owners of America car ralley in Indy a few weeks ago. All the car owners were given a tour of the ISP Academy, and Motor Vehicle garage where they outfit all the ISP cars with lights, sirens, and decals..

There were 200 of the new black cars with blue striping on them.

For one I really think the blue looks sharp on the cars. I didn't like the gold.

GTO Pm me and I will get you a link to all of the pics and vids he took there at ISP.
Somewhere you have gotten bad information! Your buddy is pulling your leg or something. :confused:

The ISP is indeed going to white cars. I have only seen one of the black cars with blue stripes. It was probably a test vehicle for the graphics vendor to test the layout. What the photo of this test vehicle doesn't show is the approximately 150 - 200 white crown vics sitting about 100 yards north of the location from which the photo was taken. Take the blue graphics package being circulated in the photo, put it on a white car, with the Whelen Liberty Bar, Whelen Talon LEDs, and whala... you have the new ISP commission.
 

bigbluemsp

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
1,692
Location
Michigan
He was told that by the person that runs the Fleet Garage for ISP. He said the white cars were the test cars and they were sticking with the Black ones.
 

GTO_04

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
1,844
Location
Noblesville, IN
bigbluemsp said:
He was told that by the person that runs the Fleet Garage for ISP. He said the white cars were the test cars and they were sticking with the Black ones.
I was watching a news report on traffic enforcement today and they were doing a live video from State Police HQ in Indianapolis. In the background you could see some white Crown Vics with blue stripes on the sides. So those must have been the test cars. I haven't seen any new cars (of either color) with the blue stripes out on the road yet.

BTW, many sheriff's cars have gone to a darker shade of brown in the past couple of years. State law mandated two tone brown but it is hard to tell now with the darker brown as the primary color.

GTO_04
 

jerk

Active Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
2,449
Location
jerkville
GTO_04 said:
I was watching a news report on traffic enforcement today and they were doing a live video from State Police HQ in Indianapolis. In the background you could see some white Crown Vics with blue stripes on the sides. So those must have been the test cars. I haven't seen any new cars (of either color) with the blue stripes out on the road yet.

BTW, many sheriff's cars have gone to a darker shade of brown in the past couple of years. State law mandated two tone brown but it is hard to tell now with the darker brown as the primary color.
GTO_04
Sellersburg ISP post has a white and blue car on the road.

The sheriff cars have gone to lighter brown to save money, no cost to re-paint in two-tone. At one time the sheriff's association talked about changing the color of cars to I believe white or something like it. The main reason was the cost of painting new vehicles.

But if you travel I-65 in District 45 you will see the new white car pulling over speeders.
 

it1usnret

Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2004
Messages
23
Location
Indianapolis, IN.
Marion County Sheriff cars

Everyone in Marion County is going to have to remember that with the merger of IPD and MCSD to IMPD, the county brown and city white are going away and going to the silver/gray.

If I remember correctly, back in the 70's, ISP was white?
 

retroactiv

Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2004
Messages
350
Location
Chesterfield, IN USA
Until I think O'Bannon Admistration.. they were, what would that be mid 90's... They wanted to go back to black because I guess that was the orginial color of ISP cars.
 

kb9sxk

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
368
Location
Southern Indiana
bigbluemsp said:
He was told that by the person that runs the Fleet Garage for ISP. He said the white cars were the test cars and they were sticking with the Black ones.
You stalking me Darryl?

DD here.

I heard that white might be back.
 

it1usnret

Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2004
Messages
23
Location
Indianapolis, IN.
retroactiv said:
Until I think O'Bannon Admistration.. they were, what would that be mid 90's... They wanted to go back to black because I guess that was the orginial color of ISP cars.

That's what I remembered. ISP were white. I was gone from Indy from 1980 to 2000 in the Navy. Talk about things changing while I was gone. If I remember, they also had just a red bubble light. I think all of the LEO forces ran just red lights. Don't know when they switched to red/blue. Most if Marion County township fire departments were volunteers and they ran POV's with blue lights.
 

Medic31842

Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
3
Location
Indiana
Anyone know why

ISP is going back to the white cars? This is what they had before the black.

The blue cars are Motor Carrier Units.

Seen 2 motorcycle units riding side by side in Clark County a couple weeks ago. Not sure what was up, as far as I know only 1 is assigned to Dist 45.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top