New to scanning - Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseKing

I live in Columbus, Indiana and have entered the codes provided by this site for my area. For some reason I am able to hear what I believe to be the dispatcher for police/fire/etc., but I am unable to hear any response from the people the dispatcher is talking to. Kind of a one-sided conversation. Also, many of the channels have no activity whatsoever. Have I done something wrong? Perhaps my scanner is too old? I have a Uniden Bearcat BC278CLT, and I am sure I have entered the codes correctly. I double-checked.

sjlamb

Your scanner is not capable of covering the trunked radio system (TRS) that is primarily used in Columbus, Indiana: Columbus Public Safety Trunking System, Columbus, Indiana - Scanner Frequencies

To cover this radio system, you will need to have a trunk tracking scanner that covers an Motorola 800 mHz Type II trunked radio system.

A post in the Indiana section of the forum will get you better advice on a suitable scanner for your area based on who and what you want to hear and your budget: http://forums.radioreference.com/indiana-radio-discussion-forum/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.