New to this but need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centofanti

I was out photographing the jets at Luke and I spoke with a guy who was listening to them as the fly. He said all you need is a Uniden Bearcat BC125AT, which I just bought but again I am new and naïve to this. Is there anyone willing to help me set this up as I need to learn this and I will pay you for your time? I want to be able to hear the pilots talking so I know when they are coming back and maybe listen to police scanners also. Do I have a sufficient unit?

Last edited by a moderator:

N9JIG

Sheriff
The BC125AT is great for listening to the traffic in and out of Luke and other area airports. 379.900 is the Tower freq, the others are well documented int he database (See Military (Maricopa County) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference).

What you will not hear on this system is the base operations on the P25 trunked system, but that is not of interest to a lot of people more interested in the aircraft.

Centofanti

The BC125AT is great for listening to the traffic in and out of Luke and other area airports. 379.900 is the Tower freq, the others are well documented int he database (See Military (Maricopa County) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference).

What you will not hear on this system is the base operations on the P25 trunked system, but that is not of interest to a lot of people more interested in the aircraft.

Have you ever set on of these up? This is all new to me but I want to learn

N9JIG

Sheriff
Have you ever set on of these up? This is all new to me but I want to learn
Yes, it is pretty easy. Look at YouTube for videos that show how to program. You could also just press “Hold”, 379.9, ”Hold”. That will get you to the Tower channel and let you heard them directly.

Centofanti

Yes, it is pretty easy. Look at YouTube for videos that show how to program. You could also just press “Hold”, 379.9, ”Hold”. That will get you to the Tower channel and let you heard them directly.
I must be missing a step or two that's why I was hoping for direct help to set this up

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I must be missing a step or two that's why I was hoping for direct help to set this up

I have the 125 also and yes its a great analog scanner. I use ARC125 to program it and haven't had a problem. With a premium RadioReference subscription you can import the frequencies into the software from the database here and that makes things a bit easier to to program less likely for errors. Scan125 is also available and free, but not sure if you can use it program and if so I don't think it does the database import.

Status
Not open for further replies.