New Years Eve In Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Some people enjoy being out on the Center Strip or the Fremont Street Experience on NYE but when visiting Las Vegas I prefer to be in a friend's residence with seven scanners and a few other radios. Monitoring the SNACC system and the NSRS are in order and some DMR listening on the TRX-1. Nothing exciting yet but on the NSRS 100_3899.JPG100_3900.JPG TG 05-062 is busy with National Guard transmissions. Happy listening.

737mech

Some people enjoy being out on the Center Strip or the Fremont Street Experience on NYE but when visiting Las Vegas I prefer to be in a friend's residence with seven scanners and a few other radios. Monitoring the SNACC system and the NSRS are in order and some DMR listening on the TRX-1. Nothing exciting yet but on the NSRS View attachment 78616View attachment 78617 TG 05-062 is busy with National Guard transmissions. Happy listening.
I'm with ya on monitoring tonight. 11 scanners and two motorola dmr 7550 and 7580. Happy New Year!

Last edited:

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
It's also interesting to take a DMR scanner like the TRX-1 and just search between 461-465 MHz in the DMR mode in Las Vegas and see what comes up. There is a lot of activity, some of it, very interesting. I'm also searching for possibly a new NHP talkgroup called LV 5 which is event related. I'm glad to visit LV. Happy monitoring and happy new year.

Paysonscanner

I was in Kingman last Friday night to visit a good friend. The weekend traffic to Las Vegas was very heavy. I was going to exit I-40 on the west side of town, but just west of Stockton Hill Road all the traffic came to sudden standstill and I thought I would be rear ended. There were some pretty bad rear ender collisions as the traffic slowly moved forward. Turns out there was a 2-3 mile backup to get off I-40 at northbound 93 due to the number of cars heading to LV for the weekend and maybe for the whole New Year's week. I picked up a lot of DPS and ADOT traffic. There were 4 units in the area of the worst of the backup. I went west of town, turned around at the next exit and got back into town on other roads. There was almost no traffic on I-40 west of the 93 exit. I would seem that a couple of DPS officers (oops, now called state troopers) directing traffic at the stop light at the bottom of the exit could have sped things up and reduced the congestion on I-40, but that may have caused a backup too, there is a place on 93 just north of town where the 4 lane highway is reduced to 2 lanes and I've been in traffic jams there too.

Just thought Las Vegas folks would like to know that the traffic going there was heavy all the way down in Kingman! Given the condition of U.S. 93 south of Kingman, I'm wondering if I will be alive to see "I-11" before I die (I'm 64 now)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.