Newbie Question Bearcat BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkwayfun

Premium Subscriber
Can I upload windsor police, fire windsor essex EMS, and OPP into this scanner

I don`t think its digital but i know its a truck tracker.

I really want to get into the whole scanner thing but I am not sure this is a good starter.

Thanks guys

jb

Highpockets

Can I upload windsor police, fire windsor essex EMS, and OPP into this scanner

I don`t think its digital but i know its a truck tracker.

I really want to get into the whole scanner thing but I am not sure this is a good starter.

Thanks guys

jb

First off, are you talking about NJ programming?

If you have the programming cable look into this software, many use it here:

http://www.sixspotsoftware.com/downloads

Last edited:

Parkwayfun

Premium Subscriber
Like the title says..... Bearcat BCT15X It`s a Uniden

And I am talking Ontario Canada.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
In the future, please be more specific about where you are from and what systems you are trying to monitor. This website covers the entire world, and a post in the Uniden section mentioning a few town or city names doesn't do us much good in determining how to help you.

Parkwayfun

Premium Subscriber
In the future, please be more specific about where you are from and what systems you are trying to monitor. This website covers the entire world, and a post in the Uniden section mentioning a few town or city names doesn't do us much good in determining how to help you.

relax....I posted in the Uniden section, a throwing out a few city names... the opp....Ontario Provincial Police sorry I didn`t know i had to break it down further.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Or you can cop an attitude, in which case you probably won't get many people rushing to help you.

Sorry, the entire world does not revolve around the Province of Ontario. Yes, you need to "break it down" a little better than that.

To answer your question, no, the BCT15X won't do you much good up there. Most of the stuff is digital, the BCT15X is an analog scanner. Also Windsor Police is encrypted, so you're out of luck as far as anything being able to monitor it.

Parkwayfun

Premium Subscriber
Or you can cop an attitude, in which case you probably won't get many people rushing to help you.

Sorry, the entire world does not revolve around the Province of Ontario. Yes, you need to "break it down" a little better than that.

To answer your question, no, the BCT15X won't do you much good up there. Most of the stuff is digital, the BCT15X is an analog scanner. Also Windsor Police is encrypted, so you're out of luck as far as anything being able to monitor it.

Fair enough.... sorry about that. That's why everyone said to pick up a 396xt

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yeah but the problem is that, even with the 396XT, there's still stuff you won't be able to listen to. I'm not too familiar with the region, but just from looking at the database I can see that Windsor is on a P25 system, which is digital. The 396XT will work with that type of system, but the trouble is that all the PD talkgroups are encrypted. You shouldn't have any trouble listening to Windsor Fire, though. The trouble with Essex Fire is that they're on an LTR Passport system, which cannot be tracked with any scanner. As far as I can tell with the OPP, you should be able to monitor that Bell Fleetnet system with the 396XT, however some of their more sensitive talkgroups are encrypted.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Head on over to the Ontario forum and ask your question there. You'll get a much better idea of what you can and can't hear from the locals. You are correct that the 15X is not digital, and the 396XT is, but to get deeper into what you're dealing with up there, you're better off with the locals helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.