Newbie seeks trunked talkgroup object in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2020Alerts

I have invested into a Whistler WS1040 so I can keep up with the local transit system. It so unreliable the scanner will allow me to know how far behind they are so I can acclimate. The last time it was updated was November 3, 2016, 6:36 am. How can I find the new System Talkgroup Bus Operations frequency?

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I have invested into a Whistler WS1040 so I can keep up with the local transit system. It so unreliable the scanner will allow me to know how far behind they are so I can acclimate. The last time it was updated was November 3, 2016, 6:36 am. How can I find the new System Talkgroup Bus Operations frequency?
Can you be more specific. This is the state discussion forum so whats the county of operation and name of the system.

2020Alerts

Its doesn't work. I have my scanner programmed and everything else works. My thinking is the frequency has changed. How would I find out the new one?

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I'm not similar with Whistler Products but since this system uses APCO 25 & Analog try programming this as a P25 system and even scan for a new Talkgroups they might no longer use that one or they might not even use the system anymore.

tvengr

Well Known Member
What software are you using? Can you attach your file so that we can check your programming? To be able to attach the file, you will need to right click on it in the file explorer and send it to a compressed (zipped) folder first. I see that you are showing the same PATS talkgroup twice.

2020Alerts

Using PSREdit500 and used everything default because I don't know enough to tinker with it. Well the 2 talkgroups were found in 2 different subgroups. Here is the zip. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• just pats.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 6

2020Alerts

I'm not similar with Whistler Products but since this system uses APCO 25 & Analog try programming this as a P25 system and even scan for a new Talkgroups they might no longer use that one or they might not even use the system anymore.

I tried the "p25 auto" and applied the settings. Didn't change anything. Original setting were for a "Motorola 800/900". I messaged the bus station but I doubt they will reply. I've never received a reply from them when I sent a message in the past. I've thought about asking a driver but I'm pretty sure all they know is press the mic button and turning the radio on.

2020Alerts

I ended up contacting Whistler Scanner Support. They replied many times and in a timely fashion. He had many suggestions but I never found want I was looking for. Did a F/G/MURS 1st then went to a limit search of 460 to 470mhz. After doing all the other searches I went to (FUNC + SCAN launches Spectrum Sweeper). Was only able to add a few more objects. I hope I didn't waste time and money on the ws1040 when they use DMR or NXDN. If I bought a Whistler TRX-1 it wouldn't leave any room that I couldn't find the frequency? Running out of options on figuring out how to obtain this frequency.

Today I asked 2 bus drivers if they knew the frequency or if they knew the system was conventional or trunked. They know nothing about the equipment they work with. They push buttons and turn a wheel. Thats all.

Two7

I may have given you bad info- SORRY! Your link looks like Motorola Type II Smartnet- I'm not sure if the WS1040 can handle that or not.

2020Alerts

I was just looking in the uniden manual and it is compatible with
Motorola Type II Smartnet

Motorola Type II Smartzone
the ws1040 is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.