Status
Not open for further replies.

caserat

Oh Please help me! We used to have a scanner and after about 10 years it finally went. Fast forward to Fathers day 10 years later where I bought him a new one, a Radio Shack Pro-163, I also bought the proper USB cord that they said was for uploads. My problem is, after purchasing a membership here and buying 2 (YES, TWO) software packages that are supposed to be easy, and uploading both, maybe, I still cant figure it out. I am trying to get it setup for him because he works 70+ hours and I dont want him to have to figure it out himself. I bought the ARC 300 and the Win97. Both seemed like they worked and seemed to upload without error but now I still cant get it to scan anything, dont see those numers needed, etc I am such a scanning dummie and clueless. Anyone know how to walk a newbie through getting this right? I hope that hitting all the buttons did not screw up my scanner too bad. Is there a way to reset it to new/default? Just so you know, I am an ex-Computer geek and have been building pc's for 15 years, so I should not have a problem in that respect but am CLUELESS when it comes to this scanner stuff.

Anyone out there who can stop laughing at me long enough to help?? :)
Thanks!!!

n2mdk

It would be helpful to know exactly what system/s you were programming in. You could also zip and upload the p97 file that was made up for us to take a look at.

caserat

Lets see, my pc is Vista, I am located in SE WI, zip 53105, trying to just get everything like police, sheriff, fire, etc. in my area and in the neighboring areas. Let me know if you want me to zip a file.

Hurk

Your not alone

I'm a newbie as well , I have pro 164 and live in Wis. in the 53185 area. I as well have used Win97 and Arc 300 and thought I had a problem. However, there is not a whole bunch of action down here so the scanner traffic is limited. If you are using this website for programming, you do have all of the frequencies. I have checked all over to be sure. From my area I can receive Waukesha, Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha and part of Walworth. Hope this help some. If I can help more PM me. Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.