Status
Not open for further replies.

enjoy425

Premium Subscriber
I have asked this before but the more I read the more I get confused,I live inHamilton ,Ontario and I would like to know which scanner would I need to listen to the police ,fire and ems and OPP for Hamilton area,I like to get a scanner that would be easy to understand and easy to program ,I was looking at the Pro 197 and the Home patrol ,I don't really want to spend a lot but then I want to be able to hear the city police to so if some can help me ,in this new hobby and tell me which scanner will would and if the two I mention are easy to program ,your help would be appriecated
thanks again
Gary
Hamilton,Ontario

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Welcome. I live in Burlington. I like Uniden scanners myself and I currently use a Home Patrol Scanner. Today you can listen to all the action in Hamilton on their current system but most of the cities/regions including Hamilton are upgrading their radio systems. They could use encryption or just digital comms, unless you are in the know no one has any idea what or when this is going to happen. PS Torontokris has scanners for sale and you can't beat his prices or service.

VE3JSO

if you just want the track hamilton police fire and ems i suggest the radio shack pro 164 it's not expensive but i would save some money and get the homepatrol 1 or the pro 197 with every one going to digital
here is a link to scanner master with the pro 164 details
RadioShack PRO-164 Police Scanner Radio

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Be aware that Hamilton Police & Fire are switching to a new digital system sooner than later (which may also be encrypted). Hate to see you take the plunge on a digital scanner only to not be able to listen to them any further. Obviously you will still be able to listen to other agencies around you though.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Guys, keep in mind that any deals must either be done through PM's or in the Buy, Trade and Sell forum.

Thanks,

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Click on WZ1's username at the top left of one of his posts.

Select "Send a private message to WZ1" and you'll be taken to the Private Message screen.

You can also use the email function to email him directly.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hey, Matt - if you see any strange vehicles (and stranger occupants) loitering out front, don't call the cops - we're just here for the door crasher specials.

And when he says door crashers he doesnt mean someone driving into the house across the street from you :)

VE3RADIO

Hey, Matt - if you see any strange vehicles (and stranger occupants) loitering out front, don't call the cops - we're just here for the door crasher specials.

LOL - I would be tempted to call them in and watch the show.. fortunately since I know how to read and have learned how to program my scanner I would be able to hear the action. (maybe even some aircraft too)

Status
Not open for further replies.