Niagara County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If you're hearing MDC on a P25 system, then it is most certainly coming from an external analog resource patched with the system. The most likely candidates would be one of the nationwide interop TAC channels, although it could certainly be from another agency such as NYSP or Niagara Falls PD.

Pay attention to the subscriber ID coming across the talkgroup. If you continue to see the same ID pop up for differing transmissions, that's a pretty clear sign of a patch. Likewise, if you don't see any ID encoded (null value, i.e. 0), that's another good indication of a patch. DSD+ will often display EXTERNAL when no source ID is being encoded.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Ahh yes, I see what you mean. I have not seen any ids yet. Its a pretty weak signal tonight. (usually very strong and I can pull it in very well. Ever since I moved to this new house, (which is actually closer to their site). Reception has been terrible, Even on some local stuff.

At my old place, I could pick up a whole bunch of stuff, Including Erie County/Buffalo on some really good nights.

If anyone else is monitoring in the area please advise, as I am picking this up as skip from across the lake here in Ontario, Canada

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I caught that the other night, it was Niagara Falls PD a few nights ago, not sure if it was them tonight though. Just a simulcast patch from their UHF analog. With all the interagency operations/support going on over the past week, there have been a lot of Interop channels being used (local and NIOFG), as they should be.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
I caught that the other night, it was Niagara Falls PD a few nights ago, not sure if it was them tonight though. Just a simulcast patch from their UHF analog. With all the interagency operations/support going on over the past week, there have been a lot of Interop channels being used (local and NIOFG), as they should be.
Thanks. I thought so that it would be patched to one of the NIFOG freqs.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I didn’t hear them on that. Other agencies were using them in the area though

Status
Not open for further replies.