Nicholasville PD IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACruce2020

On Freq 155.37000, Nicholasville PD IC, I receive a prolonged - 3 to 8 second - intermittent squelch - Hot Mike (?) - burst. After troubleshooting - moved unit to different places in my home, disconnected antennae - I believe it's coming from an outside source. I'm using a Whistler TRX-2 receiver. Do any other listeners have this issue? How was it resolved?

My unit is brand new. Programming was done by Scanner Master. All other channels are loud and clear.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
On Freq 155.37000, Nicholasville PD IC, I receive a prolonged - 3 to 8 second - intermittent squelch - Hot Mike (?) - burst. After troubleshooting - moved unit to different places in my home, disconnected antennae - I believe it's coming from an outside source. I'm using a Whistler TRX-2 receiver. Do any other listeners have this issue? How was it resolved?

My unit is brand new. Programming was done by Scanner Master. All other channels are loud and clear.
I presume you are talking about the Intercity Frequency?

Remington12G

GØT AES?
The InterCity channel (155.37000) is dedicated to law enforcement communication between police departments. For the most part, it is no longer used. However, many agencies in Kentucky still have this channel licensed.
I would say that you're picking up the following.
A. 911 Accidentally keying with no voice, Scott County E-911 has done it more times than I can count.
B. Outside Source bleeding over frequencies (TV, Weather Station, Etc)

ACruce2020

Yes Sir, the Intercity Frequency.

Thank You for the information. I tried listening yesterday afternoon and the burst went on for a continuous 2 minute duration. Since it's a rarely used Freq. skipping it sounds like the best COA.

Thanks Again. Stay Safe.

mikecook317

Premium Subscriber
Yes Sir, the Intercity Frequency.

Thank You for the information. I tried listening yesterday afternoon and the burst went on for a continuous 2 minute duration. Since it's a rarely used Freq. skipping it sounds like the best COA.

Thanks Again. Stay Safe.
I'm here in Nicholasville running a TRX-2 also. I also skip 155.37000. Are you having any issues lately? I can't hear a lot of stuff anymore but i can hear some. Are we encrypted now?

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I'm here in Nicholasville running a TRX-2 also. I also skip 155.37000. Are you having any issues lately? I can't hear a lot of stuff anymore but i can hear some. Are we encrypted now?
EMS is now on P25 and county fire has a bid out for new UHF P25 Radios. As far as I can tell no one have moved to encryption and I can still hear everyone.

462.97500 WNUF743 RM867 NACJsmn EMS DSP Jessamine Co. EMS - Dispatch P25 EMS Dispatch

Last edited:

mikecook317

Premium Subscriber
EMS is now on P25 and county fire has a bid out for new UHF P25 Radios. As far as I can tell no one have moved to encryption and I can still hear everyone.

462.97500WNUF743RM867 NACJsmn EMS DSPJessamine Co. EMS - DispatchP25EMS Dispatch
Man, I appreciate you taking the time to answer. So, I've seen yo uon some other posts. You seem pretty knowledgeable about this stuff. What do you suppose the problem could be? I was scanning Nicholasville successfully for about 6 months. Did I mess up some setting on my scanner? I don't even know what most of this stuff does. A little while ago I was thinking about using the software to reset the factory settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.