Njsp Help !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2SWD

Can some of you veteran NJSP listeners give me some guidance as to what talkgroups to ignore in programing my scanner.I have seen talkgroups for division call and fleetwide. I have no idea what they are used for.In checking the NJSP sites, their are so many talkgroups it is a little overwhelming. I am also seeking advise on what are the better talkgroups to program in my scanner. I live close to the Netcong Barracks.Thanks for your help.

W2SJW

Database Admin
OK, these at least as a start:

35696 2 Comm – Sussex County Patrols (Sussex Stations)
35728 3 Comm – Warren County Patrols (Hope & Washington Stations)
35760 4 Comm – East Patrols (Netcong & Totowa-Sub Stations)
35792 5 Comm – South Patrols (Perryville & Somerville Stations)
36656 6 Comm – Marine Dispatch North (Newark Bay & Lake Hopatcong Stations)
35856 Ops - Car to Car (Channel '7')
35888 Command Post
35920 InterOps - Car to Car, SPEN 1 Patches (Channel '9')

And then the talkgroup for NorthSTAR. You can add the GSP and the NJTP units if you want to (north and central are broadcast on Troop-B), but they tend to talk a lot more than the regular COMM's.

Hope this helps get you started!

cosenza

Can some of you veteran NJSP listeners give me some guidance as to what talkgroups to ignore in programing my scanner.I have seen talkgroups for division call and fleetwide. I have no idea what they are used for.In checking the NJSP sites, their are so many talkgroups it is a little overwhelming. I am also seeking advise on what are the better talkgroups to program in my scanner. I live close to the Netcong Barracks.Thanks for your help.

I use a guide available online at this address - www.wc2em.net/scanner/ . Use the Northern New Jersey list. The person who makes these lists makes them far more organized and legible than any other site I have found. Like groups have their talkgroup ids neatly arranged and easy to program. This is how I programmed my ids into my scanner. It makes for easy location of the takgroups also once they are programmed. If you utilize radioreference,it helps to organize the talkgroups in order also. There is an option for this on the page. That way they are also easily found. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

cosenza

Also, as long as you are close to a repeater, as I am, you should recieve the entire state's transmissions. I have received transmissions from Troops A, B & C. To the best of my knowledge (I may be wrong on this) every transmission goes through every repeater.

DJ88

35888 - Command Post
26864 - Aviation Unit (Good to listen to if they're searching for a vehicle(s) or person(s) involved in a crime)
57112 - Emergency Alerting System (Amber alerts, weather alerts)
Also all of the Task Force 1 (Urban Search & Rescue) Talk Groups. Not that active but good in a disaster

Use the link cosenza listed in his post. It's comprehensive and up to date. John stays on top of it and updates it whenever he gets new information. In my opinion, it's the best reference available.

Status
Not open for further replies.