NJSP Rebanded

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
I just updated my scanner with the new freq's for NJSP. I mostly interested in the parkway. I am in Southern Ocean County and I am using Zone B11E which is the Central Simulcast. I am not receiving anything on any of the TGID's for the Toll Road Patrols. Should I be using the South Simulcast instead ? Checked my programming and it's all correct.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
They're not using the rebanded frequencies yet on the troop C central system as far as I can tell. If your scanner is programmed in control channel only mode there is no need to do anything with this rebanding. I would suggest programming your scanner how it was before you updated it and see what happens.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
Were you receiving the Parkway TGs on the Central System before you programmed the rebanded frequencies?

Actually I was receiving the Troop C TGID's before I moved to an apartment and went from an all-band outdoor antenna to the basic metal telescopic.

Didn't think it would make that much of a difference. I thought that I could receive off the Toms River Tower Site. That's when I came up with the idea to reprogram for the rebanding issue. Funny thing is if I get out of the scan mode and go right to one of the programmed frequencies I can hear talk, but when I am using ID Scan mode it does not pick up. I put the scanner back to the previous programming and still not receiving in ID scan mode. Only hear talk if I go to one of the direct frequencies, but talk is very faint and staticy. Does not sound like the parkway. Probably another agency on the system.

Highpockets

Actually I was receiving the Troop C TGID's before I moved to an apartment and went from an all-band outdoor antenna to the basic metal telescopic.

Didn't think it would make that much of a difference. I thought that I could receive off the Toms River Tower Site. That's when I came up with the idea to reprogram for the rebanding issue. Funny thing is if I get out of the scan mode and go right to one of the programmed frequencies I can hear talk, but when I am using ID Scan mode it does not pick up. I put the scanner back to the previous programming and still not receiving in ID scan mode. Only hear talk if I go to one of the direct frequencies, but talk is very faint and staticy. Does not sound like the parkway. Probably another agency on the system.

Try Trp A maybe you'll hear that better.

nnjradiotech

Premium Subscriber
If you can HEAR the channels "conventionally", it sounds like you have an issue with your trunk settings. I would suggest double checking the Bandplan base config's before you begin to go nuts.

nnjradiotech

Premium Subscriber
Up here, in Troop B land I use "control channel only" and I don't have "use motorola end code" checked.

Also, I just used freescan and downloaded the NJSP Central Simulcast info. It comes up as site type "mot custom/reband"... yours does not say that.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
The second image shows the problem. You have the system set as MOT II P25. Should be set for MOT 800MHz standard type II. Also like mentioned if you set these up for control channel only you need not worry about rebanding. Just enter the control channels, check the box for control channel only and you are done. That should fix ya.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Agreed; I just came back from NJ this weekend, and had no problems with Troop B. I used FreeScan on my 396, and did not flag the system as a custom/rebanded type. 73 Mike

Highpockets

The second image shows the problem. You have the system set as MOT II P25. Should be set for MOT 800MHz standard type II. Also like mentioned if you set these up for control channel only you need not worry about rebanding. Just enter the control channels, check the box for control channel only and you are done. That should fix ya.

FreeScan doesn't give a choice on that screen for MOT 800 Standard Type II.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
FreeScan doesn't give a choice on that screen for MOT 800 Standard Type II.

Oh ok..I haven't gotton to my NJSP scanner with freescan yet, sorry for the bad info. I would still suggest just entering the control channels and checking the control channel only. Make things easy on yourself.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the suggestions. As Highpockets stated, Freescan does not give the option for Standard 800 Type II, I beleive you are supposed to use the Type II/P25 and just make sure you have Analog checked in the box. You can have digital checked also, but if you don't have the P25 data entered, it just ignores it.

I will try using Control channel only mode and see if that helps. Just an FYI, at some point last night I did receive something on the Bassriver TG. It was very staticy and very faint. I beleive it's more of an antenna problem than anything else. I just ordered from Scanner World Part # ANT44 3db gain 41" telescopic vertical antenna. When I receive it I'll let you all know how it works out compared to the RS 20-006 I am using now. :p

Forgot to mention, when I got the hit on the Bassriver TG it was between 0 and 1 bar on the strength meter on my BCT15 which again leads me to the antenna theory.

Last edited:

Highpockets

Thanks for all the suggestions. As Highpockets stated, Freescan does not give the option for Standard 800 Type II, I beleive you are supposed to use the Type II/P25 and just make sure you have Analog checked in the box. You can have digital checked also, but if you don't have the P25 data entered, it just ignores it.

I will try using Control channel only mode and see if that helps. Just an FYI, at some point last night I did receive something on the Bassriver TG. It was very staticy and very faint. I beleive it's more of an antenna problem than anything else. I just ordered from Scanner World Part # ANT44 3db gain 41" telescopic vertical antenna. When I receive it I'll let you all know how it works out compared to the RS 20-006 I am using now. :p

Forgot to mention, when I got the hit on the Bassriver TG it was between 0 and 1 bar on the strength meter on my BCT15 which again leads me to the antenna theory.

For the heck of it, did you try the southern site CC's?

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
I am going to give that a try right now ! I beleive the Southern Tower is located in Port Republic which is just a tad further than Toms River Site. But you never know.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
I just tried the South Simulcast CC's and could not receive anything. Not even in conventional mode. Even tried the Port Republic intelli repeater CC's and no success. I put the Central CC's back in and I am receiving in Conventional mode (very staticy). I am going to wait it out until my new whip arrives and see what happens.

Highpockets

I just tried the South Simulcast CC's and could not receive anything. Not even in conventional mode. Even tried the Port Republic intelli repeater CC's and no success. I put the Central CC's back in and I am receiving in Conventional mode (very staticy). I am going to wait it out until my new whip arrives and see what happens.

I have more then one scanner, so I have one dedicated to SP and have a small 800 beam pointed at TR tower, that might be a way to go if you have more then one scanner. Good luck, I hope it works out for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.