NJSP Troop C

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the trunking system information and the troop area I have a Troop C coverage area. It doesn't seem that there is a talk group for the units in Middlesex or Monmouth Counties. Other than the GSP and NJTP units, that is. Do they not cover those areas or am I just missing something?

I have,

3 Comm Ocean, Burlington
4 Comm Mercer
5 Comm Hunterdon

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Generally the troopers cover area's without local police of their own and the the major interstate highways and toll roads. If the area your interested in has local police you may want to tune them in.

cassidy1190

4-Comm covers the Monmouth areas. I have heard units on highways 18, 138 (which becomes 195 in Howell), and 33. Last I remember, 4-Comm also dispatches Farmingdale units. I wonder if there is a tg for the base or whatever it is at sea girt...

DJ88

Troop C 4 Comm is the Hamilton Station. Assigned coverage areas are Farmingdale Boro, Millstone Twp., Shrewsbury Twp., Roosevelt Boro, and Upper Freehold Twp. as those municipalities do not have their own police departments. They are also assigned to Rt. 195 and also patrol state highways, such as Rt. 18, Rt. 33 and others. They have or had a small sub station in Farmingdale but all dispatches come from the Hamilton Station.

garys

Premium Subscriber
The areas I'd be interested in, Edison, Woodbridge, New Brunswick, etc., all have their own PDs, so the SP doesn't provide primary enforcement, or so it seems. I'm from MA and the MSP has full police powers in all cities and towns, even those with their own PDs. They mostly limit themselves to roadways where they have primary jurisdiction, but they can enforce the laws anywhere in the state. Is the NJSP the same?

DJ88

The area you're inquiring about is covered by Troop B so you would need to program the North Simulcast frequencies from the database here. As for which station patrols those areas, I'm not familiar with Middlesex County. Maybe someone who is will post here, but in the meantime, you should program the 2 Comm, 3 Comm, 4 Comm, and 5 Comm talk groups. It will definitely be one of them.

As for enforcing the laws anywhere in the state, yes, it's the same here as it is in MA.

germwad86

This is a topic that bothered me a couple years ago and I have slowly figured out the coverage by just monitoring a lot.

First, 4 Comm Central on the C (Central) system covers most of the area you are interested in. I've heard them as far south late at night on the weekends on RT 37 in Toms River making MV stops. I have also heard the same units on the same channel as far north as RT 18 in East Brunswick and New Brunswick for road work jobs. As mentioned above, most of the local PDs do the enforcing in these areas.

Right around RT 18 and RT 1 is where I think the coverage area changes to 5 Comm on the B (North) system.

Hope this helps.

garys

Premium Subscriber
This is a topic that bothered me a couple years ago and I have slowly figured out the coverage by just monitoring a lot.

First, 4 Comm Central on the C (Central) system covers most of the area you are interested in. I've heard them as far south late at night on the weekends on RT 37 in Toms River making MV stops. I have also heard the same units on the same channel as far north as RT 18 in East Brunswick and New Brunswick for road work jobs. As mentioned above, most of the local PDs do the enforcing in these areas.

Right around RT 18 and RT 1 is where I think the coverage area changes to 5 Comm on the B (North) system.

Hope this helps.

It helps a lot. My son lives in Edison, so we go down there every couple of months to see him. OK, we actually go down to see the grand son, but you get the point. We stay at the Hyatt in New Brunswick, so that's the area I'm mostly interested in. I don't recall seeing any NJSP cruisers on Route 1 or the local roads. I'm not on route 18 enough to get a sense of how much they patrol there. We take the GSP from the start up north down to Route 1, and there are plenty of Troop E patrols on that road.

The area you're inquiring about is covered by Troop B so you would need to program the North Simulcast frequencies from the database here. As for which station patrols those areas, I'm not familiar with Middlesex County. Maybe someone who is will post here, but in the meantime, you should program the 2 Comm, 3 Comm, 4 Comm, and 5 Comm talk groups. It will definitely be one of them.

As for enforcing the laws anywhere in the state, yes, it's the same here as it is in MA.

Thanks. I have my XT scanner set up as a three site trunk with all of the normal patrol Talk Groups programmed in. I don't much south of the Edison area as a rule, so I rarely hear Troop A or the Atlantic Expressway units. Mostly it's GSP, NJTP, and Troops B&C that I hear. I have all of those Talk Groups, but just wanted to get an idea of who patrols what.

germwad86

"We take the GSP from the start up north down to Route 1, and there are plenty of Troop E patrols on that road."

For this all you need is GSP 2 Comm N Bloomfield patrols. They cover from the top most part down to yard stick 130 (or the exit for Rt 1 south).

"We stay at the Hyatt in New Brunswick, so that's the area I'm mostly interested in. I don't recall seeing any NJSP cruisers on Route 1 or the local roads."

I would also just program in New Brunswick PD. They are good to listen to. And your correct, NJSP won't really just be cruising around. They will mainly, atleast in this area be there for road construction jobs or just on the state highways patroling. Rt. 1, Rt. 18, ext. Not really in the towns.

garys

Premium Subscriber
"We take the GSP from the start up north down to Route 1, and there are plenty of Troop E patrols on that road."

For this all you need is GSP 2 Comm N Bloomfield patrols. They cover from the top most part down to yard stick 130 (or the exit for Rt 1 south).

"We stay at the Hyatt in New Brunswick, so that's the area I'm mostly interested in. I don't recall seeing any NJSP cruisers on Route 1 or the local roads."

I would also just program in New Brunswick PD. They are good to listen to. And your correct, NJSP won't really just be cruising around. They will mainly, atleast in this area be there for road construction jobs or just on the state highways patroling. Rt. 1, Rt. 18, ext. Not really in the towns.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.