No p25 decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

stircrazy

I downloaded the new db list from whistler. Apparently thats the only way to update the db in your scanner now. Unfortunately I cannot get anything p25 to decrypt. It just clicks and the p is small not P. Does anyone know how to get rid of the new db files and put the old ones back? I Uninstaller the ezscan. Deleted the folders left behind but it still updates to the newer files and doesn't work.

Swipesy

stircrazy it would be nice if you told us what radio you are talking about. If you are referring to the GRE PSR-800 or Legacy 800.

If those are the radios you are talking about the p or P refers to whether or not the priority mode is off or on and would have nothing to do with your issue. Secondly the Db would have noting to do with your problem. If the system you are trying to monitor switched to Encrypted and the database reflects that then yes you will not be able to listen to. Even if you installed an older version of the Db that would not change you being able to monitor an encrypted System. Whatever your issue is has nothing to do with what you posted here. Your system is either encrypted or your configuration settings are wrong. If you want to post what system you are trying to monitor we can then help you solve your issue(s).

stircrazy

Sorry about that. Its a non updated Grecom psr800. I'm trying to get the OPP and London fire dept. I downloaded the whistler ezscan and updated the DB. Copied those files to the Grecom db folder. Now I can't get the opp or fire to work. Anything digital just clicks. Grecom is also a fresh install

Swipesy

I looked at the London P25 System. I see there are 4 tower locations. I don't know if you are able to hear all 4. If not, just load the tower closest to your location.

Be sure to load all Control (red) and Alt (blue) freqencies.

After loading the system and the talkgroups look at tab Trunk Radio Systems Tab in EZScan. Highlight the System line in the top box by clicking once on it.

Then in the box below click on Site Details. Highlight each Tower system one at a time and look on the far right and make sure all the frequencies are there and also that the Frequency Mode is set to FM.

I now assume you have imported the Talkgroups into EZScan and they are assigned to a Scan List.

Lastly, in EZScan On The Advanced Features tab and make sure that Scan Set 01 is Enabled.

If you make any changes then load EZScan up to your Scanner and try again.

If all this correct then I would have to look at your actual configuration. Let me know.

stircrazy

So I think I have it narrowed down. On a fresh install of the Grecom ezscan software, the database is missing. What Whistler wants us to do to update, is to download the Whistler version and update the library. Then copy the library into the old program. Problem with that process is, the new files don't work on the legacy system. I need an old copy of the database that works on the Grecom program.

stircrazy

I looked at the London P25 System. I see there are 4 tower locations. I don't know if you are able to hear all 4. If not, just load the tower closest to your location.

Be sure to load all Control (red) and Alt (blue) freqencies.

After loading the system and the talkgroups look at tab Trunk Radio Systems Tab in EZScan. Highlight the System line in the top box by clicking once on it.

Then in the box below click on Site Details. Highlight each Tower system one at a time and look on the far right and make sure all the frequencies are there and also that the Frequency Mode is set to FM.

I now assume you have imported the Talkgroups into EZScan and they are assigned to a Scan List.

Lastly, in EZScan On The Advanced Features tab and make sure that Scan Set 01 is Enabled.

If you make any changes then load EZScan up to your Scanner and try again.

If all this correct then I would have to look at your actual configuration. Let me know.

I have done these steps as you directed. I can't get anything digital from LFD or London services to work. I so appreciate the help. I'm just frustrated that it was working and now its not. I'm basically ready to send it in but 2 or 3 weeks without a radio in my job is a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.