NorthStar WBFM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcgowan

Premium Subscriber
Are there any fellow Milair monitors who listen in on the air to ground MUX frequencies used by Nightwatch, Looking Glass (yes its still a mission flown by the E6B Mercury) and the VC-25? I live in Iowa, and there is someone up and "burning" at least 3 days out of a 7 days a week. Recently, they have been up daily.. Freqs. used are 383.550, 338.950, 325.400, 301.650, 337.300 and 366.600 Mhz. Aircraft of course, as I am to far away to hear the GEP side.. 337.3 and 366.6 are almost always used by Nightwatch, and the others are used by Mercuries... Do any of you fellow monitors know where the GEPs are located? Offut and Hillsboro for sure, but, is there a GEP in Wisconsin or northern Illinois? is Signal Mountain Tennessee still active? Jasper Alabama has been moved to Brewton supposedly, what about Ellisville Florida? 4 hardend MUX antennas at a known AT&T facility paints the image it is.. And what about Waldorf? Waldorf used to be the net controller, but now, every HF phone patch I hear from a Mercury, always goes to Offutt. Is Waldorf no longer in charge and now its just another remote controlled GEP?.. Anyone who has any CURRENT information on the system, please let me know.. The most "recent" info i've found was from 2008... Not looking to do anything nefarious, just curious as to how many of the original sites are still "hot"... Thanks..

kma371

QRT
I think you mean E4, not E6.

Those flights can sometimes be seen on adsbexchange.com

rmcgowan

Premium Subscriber
E6B is a dual role aircraft, serves as TACAMO aircraft to the Navy SSBN and as a Looking Glass ABNCP aircraft to USSTRATCOM.

kma371

QRT
It was just my understanding. If it's both, it's both.

The E6 squadron out of Travis uses 338.95 quite frequently.

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
They used to have mobile GEP units called MOGREPS/T-COMM not sure if they are still using that name.

Status
Not open for further replies.