Northumberland County

Navyboy45

I have a P-25 scanner I live in Selinsgrove I pick up Northumberland County fire dispatch clear but wants they go to a ops channel they are scratchy and I can’t hear them same with the law enforcement frequencies The dispatch center is not that far away. Any suggestions on my scanner settings

Respectfully

James Shemory

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. It would help to let us know what make & model scanner you are using. If scanning with anything other than a Uniden SDS100 or SDS200 you may be suffering from simulcast distortion, a phenomenon discussed daily on the forums, chances are you're within listening range to two or more simulcasting towers. You can try the multipath mitigation methods outlined in the afore-linked simulcast distortion wiki page but they work in very few cases

Navyboy45

Welcome to the RR forums. It would help to let us know what make & model scanner you are using. If scanning with anything other than a Uniden SDS100 or SDS200 you may be suffering from simulcast distortion, a phenomenon discussed daily on the forums, chances are you're within listening range to two or more simulcasting towers. You can try the multipath mitigation methods outlined in the afore-linked simulcast distortion wiki page but they work in very few cases

BCD536HP​