Norwegian Cruise Lines - Encore

squadradio

Feed Provider
Going on a cruise soon and will be traveling on NCL and the ship Encore. I've searched through the forums here and done a deep Google search and was unable to locate any info/finds for NCL and Encore. As a long shot I thought I'd post a query here to see if anyone might have information on frequencies and modulation used in this ship.

Thanks
Mark

Computrguy

Did you see my thread from when I was on the Sky earlier this year? NCL Sky
I would start with that info and do some searches on the ranges known on other NCL ships. TGs may be different but I am finding a lot of similarity on the frequency setups.
Interesting (or not) tibit of info. I was just in Belvidere IL for the past month. I left on Monday.

Last edited:

ecps92

Going on a cruise soon and will be traveling on NCL and the ship Encore. I've searched through the forums here and done a deep Google search and was unable to locate any info/finds for NCL and Encore. As a long shot I thought I'd post a query here to see if anyone might have information on frequencies and modulation used in this ship.

Thanks
Mark
Keep this in-mind

Norwegian Cruise Line has quietly added walkie-talkies to the prohibited items list, meaning guests can no longer bring walkie-talkies of any size onboard

Some info on NCL Encore was shared back in 2020 but I've held off on adding to my web page as multiple NCL's were in port and
this may actually have been the NCL Spirit or Bliss

RFI-EMI-GUY

Keep this in-mind

Norwegian Cruise Line has quietly added walkie-talkies to the prohibited items list, meaning guests can no longer bring walkie-talkies of any size onboard

Some info on NCL Encore was shared back in 2020 but I've held off on adding to my web page as multiple NCL's were in port and
this may actually have been the NCL Spirit or Bliss
In past NCL has used UHF shipboard repeaters that have an ~10 MHz offset and utilize GMRS 462 MHz frequencies. So cheap walkie talkies are definitely going to hear/interfere with shipboard communications.