Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I have a 436 536 and I SDS 100 and I saw a 200 I went to Norwich one day and I did not hear them when I left there town to go to Graton I was able to hear them what were you able to do to pick them up in town

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
Uniden sent me the down load to do the firmware and you can do the threshold by going in to your menu.

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
You go to menu see scanner info press the big knob scroll down to firmware version click on that that willshow you the version

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
They are definitely active on the system on a regular basis. I have logged them hundreds of times on E Simulcast, F Simulcast, and K Simulcast sites. I cannot hear C or D simulcast. And believe it or not , three times on I simulcast. And I am 70 miles away or so. They are Phase II, however. Only hear them with my SDS-100. Not a peep out of my TRX-1's or other Unidens using the same yagi. I have also logged Norwich talkgroups 20400, 20402, and 20404 with similar ID's for what its worth.

State says Norwich only has one TG. You have logged NPD on multiple TGs?

imonitorit

Just a few minor clarifications

1 Officer Needs Help Immediately
12 Disturbance
13 Domestic Disturbance
42A (42-Alpha) Suicide Attempt
42 Confirmed Suicide
44 State Hospital, no longer in use (closed)
63 Building Check
84 Followup
85 Personal Break
86 Report Writing
87 Administrative Assignment
88 Priority radio traffic only
89 Clears the signal 88 (back to normal)

They are now called "signal" codes. This was done as to not confuse with badge/employee numbers in the 1000 series. NPD made a change from badge numbers (in the 500 series) to badge/employee numbers which stays with the person for life.

MrAntiDigital

Did anybody hear the recent Norwich PD activity of a Stand Off on New London Tpk and a second of a homicide on Lake St ?

I just happened to be riding by the incident on NL Tpk as it was happening. That went on for about 5 hours.

Also the homicide that occurred yesterday (7/21) about 4:30 pm. NPD was on the scene there as well as CSP.

Sometimes I can pick up the NPD but generally it just doesn't happen.

No more scanners for me. I'm glad I didn't spend the money on the other two I had planned to buy.

I DO want to thank "imonitorit" though for his contribution with the update of NPD radio codes

MrAntiDigital

Thank you Dan6071. I know you have also offered help in the past as well.

At some point, I may take you up on that. I'll be sending you a message soon - Okay.

MrAntiDigital

Without touching ANYTHING on my scanner, it is interesting to see that some days I can pick up the Norwich Police while other days I hear NOTHING.

I have kept everything the same and today (Friday 7/24) I seem to be picking up the Norwich Police, while other days I'm lucky to hear three sentences.

I have also noticed lately that many fire depts seem to be going to the high and ultraband frequencies. Particularly in the Northwest and Northeastern part of the state. Why aren't they going to those 700 and 800 mhz frequencies instead.

As a long time scanner enthusiast I'm not quite sold on this new digital stuff. The high and ultrahigh bands never needed the amount of adjustments and updates as we see with the digital systems.

I sure do miss the days when I could pick up the Hartford, Providence, Springfield, Meriden, Middletown, New London, and many surrounding town fire departments PLUS police depts from my Norwich home. It was a very simple operation too. Just press the numbers for the frequency, hit enter and you were all set.

I guess some might accuse me of being Old School. That may be very so, but I listened to those places from the time I moved to Norwich in 1975. What a great hobby it was back then. I wish they never changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.