Now What???

Status
Not open for further replies.

1sneaker

New guy on the block. Retired, and thought I'd do something new, so I bought a PRO96 scanner. Damn, I don't pickup squat......and I don't know what to do. Maybe this thing is not for a total amateur like myself. I was smart enough to get a cord which lets me hookup it up to my PC.

At this point, I'm ready to put it back in the box and leave it there. So if anyone can teach an old dog new tricks,...I'd surely appreciate it.

Thanks

snikliw87

Where are you located in Minnesota?

If your area is indeed broadcasting in digital, you will need to figure out what Site you will recieve best. Go to the database and click Trunking, then click ARMER (the state wide digital system). Look for what county would best suit your needs, and enter in the control frequency. I don't use RS scanners, so I can't help out with programming. Let me know how you do.

Note: Maybe you already have the frequencies in? Make sure it is on ID Search, not ID Scan.

stmills

It is easier to program by computer- which you have the cable for. Post where you are and what you want to hear and you should get some better answers on what to enter.

Steve

1sneaker

Thanks for responding guys. I'm in Anoka, the city and county. The radio seems to have Ill., Mich., and Indiana in it.

I do have the computer cable, and WIN96.......although it's greek to me. I'm afraid I may have screwed things up in trying to figure things out.

As for what I'd like to pick up, ......cop talk, fire, medical,.....it's all new to me. So what ever I can pickup, I'll listen to.

Buddy

1sneaker

For Sale to Good Home

I just can't seem to get the hang of this. Don't know whether to **** or go blind. Don't know how to download software, or upload, to this thing.

This thing is a PRO96 scanner, with cable. Make me an offer!

Buddy

monte94

Premium Subscriber
I sent you a private message, check there I think I can help you program your scanner, don't sell it yet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.