NSP live feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
Hey All,

Anyone know of a good live feed that runs mostly NSP traffic? I looked on RR live feeds but didnt see where anyone really monitored low band Patrol stuff. Not very interesting up there? Think if you were set up somewhere along I-80 there might be some good stuff you could pick up with an outside low band whip. Anyways if anyone can give me any info on live feeds for NSP let me know.
Thanks

stutch13

I don't want to make it sound like I know what I'm talking about at all so keep that in mind.. From what I gather pretty much everything in that realm of radio communications are now digital, so if you have a digital scanner then you should make out fine.. But I really never could pick up the NSP even when they were free and clear and I never understood that..

SCPD

QRT
NSP is not using digital radios. Soon they will be but for now they are still using lowband. The reason why you could get NSP in clear is probably your antenna.
The talk around the scanner cooler is the statewide system should be done by the end of the year.

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
ok...guess i was about as clear as mud in my question now that i look at my original post. what i was attempting to ask was if anyone knew of any live online scanner feeds that ran NSP's audio. originally from Nebraska here and was just intereted in listening online.
Thanks Again

stutch13

I'm sorry, I reread your post and it was clear.. I misread it and shouldn't have responded at all really.. but I still say that out here in the panhandle they (the NSP) is on the new system pretty much completely.. Low band I would get very rarely anything other than "fail to pay" or things of that nature.. I never did hear any "hot pursuits" (not that there are many).. And so with them going to the new digital system I really don't miss it because I never had it.. Or I should say that I have read and have been told by others in the know (supposedly) that the switch has happened here in western Nebraska... Maybe I'm wrong in saying anything of that nature but I have programmed the new digital frequencies into my non digital scanner and do hear a lot of R2D2 sound effects, I figure that is fairly active now..

mr_tunz

I do have the Norfolk base on the Cuming County Scanner feed. It picks up some but till I get a better antenna up it is what it is. Also you might try the Madison Co/Norfolk feed they also have NSP Norfolk programed in. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.