NTIRN / DPS Dallas

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
In reference to the talk group recently added to the RRDB:
[DEC: 32903/ HEX: 8087/ Mode: TDMA/ Alpha: DPS Dallas/ Description: Dallas, Tag: Law Tac],

Can anyone shed some light on the usage of this talk group? I am just curious of the usage of this talk group because the tag is labeled as "Law Tac". Is this talk group just used a talk around, car 2 car, or tactical channel, or is the used the same as or patched with the VHF Dispatch channel for the Dallas area where both ground and air unit talk to dispatch? I'll admit, I have all the equipment to monitor this physically, I just don't have the time due to work and can't do this remotely. As always, any information would be appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
As best as I can tell the little that I've heard, it's a patch to DPS Dallas. I think I've only heard the dispatch side.

Motoballa

911 Dispatcher
Premium Subscriber
It's setup as a multi select on the console, the dispatcher transmits over the VHF channels (Garland, Greenville, etc) and NTIRN as well as the Kaufman County TRS at the same time, no patch or anything between them just one big multi select for the dispatcher. They still can of course do individual channels but I don't know that they've ever intentionally done that.

Not sure as to the long term plans with the NTIRN side of things.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing this will be used for DPS Dallas / Garland dispatch eventually but it's just a guess, I'm sure DPS Dallas will move to this system full time someday .
I'm just wondering how DPS troopers in Kaufman county communicate with Kaufman county dispatch ?

Motoballa

911 Dispatcher
Premium Subscriber
I'm just wondering how DPS troopers in Kaufman county communicate with Kaufman county dispatch ?
They have a DPS talkgroup on Kaufman County TRS that is apart of the multi cast from DPS Garland, but I'm sure Troops have access to the main SO dispatch channel. I don't have access to that channel to be able to verify.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for the replies.

Definitely not trying to start anything here. If I’m wrong, please correct me. Since the talk group is technically multi-selected for the purpose of dispatching (and doesn‘t seem to me to violate the broadcasting feed provider TOS), shouldn’t the service tags be listed as “Law Dispatch” instead of “Law Tac”? I‘m only curious because I have discovered that not all received talk groups are allowed to be broadcasted on broadcastify calls platform base on certain permitted service tags.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Definitely not trying to start anything here. If I’m wrong, please correct me. Since the talk group is technically multi-selected for the purpose of dispatching (and doesn‘t seem to me to violate the broadcasting feed provider TOS), shouldn’t the service tags be listed as “Law Dispatch” instead of “Law Tac”? I‘m only curious because I have discovered that not all received talk groups are allowed to be broadcasted on broadcastify calls platform base on certain permitted service tags.
Changed.