• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NXR710 and KTI3

jcefd10

WWG1WGA
Premium Subscriber
It's me again :giggle:

I had started a thread about what I'm about to ask a few years back, labeled KTI3. This was when I was first setting up my first 2 repeaters with them. THis however, is a new pair of repeaters. I'm overlooking something, but can't find it and wanted to pick brains.
I already have our SO repeaters linked via KTI3's and they work perfect.
I have 2 more repeaters (Fire/EMS) in the same locations at the SO's, with 2 new KTI3's.
There is a VPN between the sites, and I programmed the new boxes just as I did the previous ones, but the repeaters are still not linked. I'll post what I have below and see if someone can notice what I missed.
These are set up identical to the other 2 I have, on the same network with the only exception being the IP address of the KTI3 boxes. I can ping the KTI's across the VPN from one site to another, and vice versa.
The ones for the SO are 192.168.10.4 and 192.168.20.4 and they work fine.
When I key either repeater with my portable, I can see the router flash like it's receiving/sending data, but the KTI3 doesn't seem to key the repeater. I have the little white cord that comes with the KTI plugged into port 1 on the rear of the repeaters just like the other working pair.
I'm still comparing the known working codeplug for the SO to the new FD codeplug, and so far, I have come up with no difference.

What am I forgetting?
Thanks in advance

Site 1 -
LAN IP of KTI3 - 192.168.10.5
Subnet - 255.255.255.0
1718742684736.png
1718742718566.png
1718742767884.png

Site 2 KTI3 Lan IP - 192.168.20.5
Subnet 255.255.255.0

1718742828513.png
1718742870807.png
1718742911555.png

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Problem number 1
You have site 1 with different ip's.

You have to keep them in line.

1 = 10.5
2 = 20.5

Repeater 1 = 10.5
Repeater 2 = 20.5

You have Repeater 1 = 10.5 and 20.5

Fix that and it will work.

jcefd10

WWG1WGA
Premium Subscriber
I'll be sure to change it and see.
This is how the other 2 are, and they work. I can't remember who from Kenwood helped me set them up in the beginning. How the crap is that so?

1718743914745.png

jcefd10

WWG1WGA
Premium Subscriber
So in both codeplugs, I need to keep site 1 and 2 the same, 10.5 and 20.5 respectively, and just select which site in the "Own IP Address Edit" pertaining to which site the repeater is at? FOr it to be correct of course.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Correct.
And as you build out more sites, same thing. 3 = xx.5 and so forth.

jcefd10

WWG1WGA
Premium Subscriber
Okay, thank you!
It was confusing me as the others worked like they should, but I'm going to change them as well while I'm at the sites. May as well have them like they should be.

jcefd10

WWG1WGA
Premium Subscriber
Well, changed to everything above and the Fire repeaters are still not linked.
I have verified all cables good, and programming only changed the IP site table arrangement. Still poking around to see if something was missed.

SO ones working fine after update still

jcefd10

WWG1WGA
Premium Subscriber
Nothing missed that I could find. But the repeaters will still not key one another. I can see the KTI-3 passing data through the router, but I can't get the repeaters to trigger one another.

jcefd10

WWG1WGA
Premium Subscriber
So far we have no findings. These things are possessed.

wd8chl

Starting to sound like a network issue. I've seen where a network wasn't setup correctly in a situation like that, where another network nearby worked just fine. It can be really hard to get network people to understand that they can't setup their network like that-that for our equipment to work, it MUST be setup a certain way, and their fancy crap isn't going to cut it.

jcefd10

WWG1WGA
Premium Subscriber
I ordered 2 new MikroTik routers that should be here any day now. I've been having issues with one of the routers randomly dropping it's WAN ip the last few days.. Not sure what the issue is, so I'm just replacing them. They are from 2014 anyhow so it's time