NYPD CJB

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhhmunch3884

Premium Subscriber
Hi I was wondering if anybody could advise me what officers assigned to the Boro court section and Boro central booking do day to day? I'm really curious. I also want to know how and why would an NYPD MOS be assigned to those units and if they take transfers from officers. I wondering because I hear it's made up of modified MOS.

Thanks

warren

After a "Perp" is processed at the precinct (assuming a DAT is not issued) , they are taken to Central Booking awaiting arraignment before the Criminal Court. Up until the time the arrestee sees the judge the NYPD is responsable for the care and custody of the person. Once in the arraignment part (courtroom) the NYPD and court officers conduct the person through the arraignment process. If bail is set NYPD turns the person over to NYC Depatment of Correction and if released (ROR) the person leaves the courtroom thru the public exit. CJB personnel also transport prisoners on occaission and a variety of other functions related to the processing of arrestees.

warren

Forgot the Appeareance Control Unit which notifies and monitors court appearances by NYPD MOS. They do not really use radios at all, the telephone and computers aretheir weapons of choice. Many persons assigned to these units may have done something wrong or were perceived to have done something wrong.

KC2zZe

what is the courthouse frequencies and mos?
Who's courthouses are you referring to? City, state or federal?

The City doesn't, technically, have courts - they are administrative tribunals, a sample of which can be found here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/oath/html/home/home.shtml To my knowledge security is provided by contract security officers

If you're referring to the State courts (Criminal, Supreme, Housing, Civil, and Family), Court Officers from the Unified Court System provide law enforcement / security services. You can pick off the frequencies for them by looking in the ULS database for the following FCC call signs:

Manhattan
WPWK586
WPZR749
WPZR751
WQUI559
WQQZ563

Bronx
WQNL226
KNDK573
WQUI559

Brooklyn
WQQZ563
WQUI559

Queens
WPNS287
WQUI559

Staten Island
WQUI559
WPUW554

UCS Mobile Security units have access to the Metro21 trunked system as well (talkgroup 6041).

"Traffic" Court is actually the Administrative Adjudication Bureau of the state's Department of Motor Vehicles. Security is typically provided by the building the "Court" is housed in (and, by default, all the cops coming and going for hearings).

Federal courts are protected by special deputy United States Marshals (internal posts and external posts), private security contractors (external posts), and Deputy US Marshals (anywhere they need to be).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.