NYPD, midtown South THV

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
Hi
Was listening to NYPD zone four, mid town South precinct today and heard that there was a holiday THV set up in the midtown South precinct.
It was located at 150 W. 34th St.
Was just wondering what this has been set up for
Is it to do with retail or the NYC holiday open Street plan or something else entirely?
Was just wondering if someone could shed a bit of light on why this was there and explain a bit more about NYPD holiday detail.
Also there have been holiday posts also in the Midtown South precinct.
Does anyone know anything more about these?

ff026

Feed Provider
It’s always there from thanksgiving till after New Year’s Eve. It’s a very busy time of year in midtown. All the traffic and holiday posts are assigned to it during this time of year.

Technically there supposed to be called “command post” but everyone still calls it THV.

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
It’s always there from thanksgiving till after New Year’s Eve. It’s a very busy time of year in midtown. All the traffic and holiday posts are assigned to it during this time of year.

Technically there supposed to be called “command post” but everyone still calls it THV.
OK thanks.
And yeah I know.
Technically it’s an ICP but yeah.
And am I correct in thinking all of the holiday ICP traffic is on zone four not citywide

ff026

Feed Provider
OK thanks.
And yeah I know.
Technically it’s an ICP but yeah.
And am I correct in thinking all of the holiday ICP traffic is on zone four not citywide
There was a dept memo years ago stating that it’s not supposed be called THV but ICP, but it’s still gets called THV or ICP

As far as a zone is concerned it depends on the size and scope of the detail.
Usually the THV has multiple radios going.
1 radio will always be in the zone they are in and 1 radio will be what the detail is operating on. 1 radio on SOD to monitor anything sensitive that may come over.

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
ok thanks for that
I think the christmas tree ligting will be on cw1 but not sure about anything else