NYS Park Police Erie County

BTFire21

Does anyone know where the NYS Park Police went for Erie County. They use to use 155.685 and the maintenance channel 156.120
I have had both of those channels in a dedicated scanner in CSQ for the last three weeks and have heard nothing other then the morse id.
I know for Niagara County they use the Niagara Country TRS system but that system would not cover in Erie County. They have multiple officers at both the Buffalo Small Boat Harbor and Woodlawn State Park.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where the NYS Park Police went for Erie County. They use to use 155.685 and the maintenance channel 156.120
I have had both of those channels in a dedicated scanner in CSQ for the last three weeks and have heard nothing other then the morse id.
I know for Niagara County they use the Niagara Country TRS system but that system would not cover in Erie County. They have multiple officers at both the Buffalo Small Boat Harbor and Woodlawn State Park.
I have heard them multiple times on the Niagara County TRS of Park Police being dispatched to Knox Farms, Evangola, as well as Woodlawn Beach State Park (for those of you watching the forum not from the area, those are WELL within Erie County, one being on the far end of the county). I'd think that the users are overly confident about the coverage of the Niagara Co system, or maybe they have some VRS. The ones along the lake, okay, fine, that's not that far-fetched that they'd be able to hit the Niagara Co towers while out in the open, but going to Knox Farms in East Aurora, yikes. Maybe that Niagara County system really is that good?

BTFire21

I have heard them multiple times on the Niagara County TRS of Park Police being dispatched to Knox Farms, Evangola, as well as Woodlawn Beach State Park (for those of you watching the forum not from the area, those are WELL within Erie County, one being on the far end of the county). I'd think that the users are overly confident about the coverage of the Niagara Co system, or maybe they have some VRS. The ones along the lake, okay, fine, that's not that far-fetched that they'd be able to hit the Niagara Co towers while out in the open, but going to Knox Farms in East Aurora, yikes. Maybe that Niagara County system really is that good?
I am really surprised that they are using Niagara TRS system all over Erie County. I guess mobile wise along the lake they are ok.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I am really surprised that they are using Niagara TRS system all over Erie County. I guess mobile wise along the lake they are ok.
The first time I heard it I was like, oh, no one’s in the area and a car is coming from up from Niagara. And then I started hearing intermittent activity for incidents at Woodlawn Beach and Evangola. I don’t know if the VHF-Hi channels are just not being used, or are just being used as a backup when they go out of range of the Niagara County TRS.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The Park Police are now issued APX NEXT portables.