NYSP car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alt_fuel

Hello, just seeing if anybody has any insight on what the unit “2H76” can be, been seeing it around me every once and a while and never seen it before, tried to do some research and found almost nothing.

Alt_fuel

What was special about it? That's a standard Troop ID, Zone 2, Troop H, Car 76.
I understand that, but according to their website troop “H” is not existent, and different articles point to a couple different options. As well as I am in troop A

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
what the unit “2H76” can be, been seeing it around me every once and a while and never seen it before,

Where are you located?

H cars are all over the State. I believe they are dedicated to certain assignments.

If you have info on this can you post it and add it to the wiki here?

NY State Police (NY) - The RadioReference Wiki

I myself have never seen or heard of an H car or troop but maybe its one of the specialized units. Henry (H) - State P.D> Headquarters Division

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Hello, just seeing if anybody has any insight on what the unit “2H76” can be, been seeing it around me every once and while and never seen it before, tried to do some research and found almost nothing.

Look at this link and you will find a picture of it. Was this the car you saw?

H stands for Headquarters units. They are statewide and do not have any particular place. Could be anywhere. I know some 1H units are state helos, but I'm not sure abt 2H units. According to this page on the website linked above most of the 2H units look like regular marked or unmarked units.

A few years ago, I reorganized all of the NYSP Troop Wiki pages as most of the info was old and not accurate, Let alone the form was ugly, and there were a few troops missing. With the help of other members, I was able to make a more up-to-date list, and I am still constantly updating them. Some Troop pages have more info than others but it is still a work in progress. As always I open to more tips.

Hope this helps!

Alt_fuel

Look at this link and you will find a picture of it. Was this the car you saw?

H stands for Headquarters units. They are statewide and do not have any particular place. Could be anywhere. I know some 1H units are state helos, but I'm not sure abt 2H units. According to this page on the website linked above most of the 2H units look like regular marked or unmarked units.

A few years ago, I reorganized all of the NYSP Troop Wiki pages as most of the info was old and not accurate, Let alone the form was ugly, and there were a few troops missing. With the help of other members, I was able to make a more up-to-date list, and I am still constantly updating them. Some Troop pages have more info than others but it is still a work in progress. As always I open to more tips.

Hope this helps!
It looked similar to that picture, I couldn’t tell if it was a Tahoe or suburban as I was driving but it just was something I’ve never seen out my way before and what little reading I could find on them stated it could be a special investigator, or a CVE unit but I couldn’t find much concrete proof of either side.

lkas

Premium Subscriber
2H76 is a "SORT" vehicle. AKA swat. The H stands for Headquaters out of Albany. Those guys have take home vehicles because they are recalled 24/7 to responded immediately to high profile incidents

Alt_fuel

2H76 is a "SORT" vehicle. AKA swat. The H stands for Headquaters out of Albany. Those guys have take home vehicles because they are recalled 24/7 to responded immediately to high profile incidents
Makes sense, thanks! :)

Homer_LCPDFR

Premium Subscriber

The #H## structure is something I've been trying to unravel for quite some time. Would I be correct in saying everything above 2H40 is SORT? And is there any structure to the 1H## and H###, especially the H2## series?

Status
Not open for further replies.