NYSP Troop T Identifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Amazing how there's a giant interoperability government guide for law/fire/ems on every band from lowband to 800 yet....I also realize law enforcement agencies don't want their guys going off freq from dispatch on their main radios, there seems to be a lot going on that point too

I know Vermont State Police at, one time, at least had two radios. Their UHF dispatch side and a separate VHF radio for car to car and other comms

And back in the day I'd hear NY dispatch agencies coordinating on the statewide LEO 155.370, VT has a channel too. I know what you mean these days between coordination, some agencies sometimes the delay is awful between dispatch

Last edited:

thinktactics

Amazing how there's a giant interoperability government guide for law/fire/ems on every band from lowband to 800 yet....I also realize law enforcement agencies don't want their guys going off freq from dispatch on their main radios, there seems to be a lot going on that point too

I know Vermont State Police at, one time, at least had two radios. Their UHF dispatch side and a separate VHF radio for car to car and other comms

And back in the day I'd hear NY dispatch agencies coordinating on the statewide LEO 155.370

Gonna take a wild guess and assume that NYLAW1 is not used frequently anymore?

Homer_LCPDFR

Premium Subscriber
In my years of scanning I can recall exactly one instance of VHF interop channels being used, during the 2020 protests in Rochester agencies conferred and agreed to use VEVENT1 (or some similar name, I can't recall exactly, and I never found the frequency), although they just stuck to their respective tac channels anyway.

Frequencies like the Capital District Emergency Radio Network seem to be the best option so far, connecting dispatchers from Albany, Albany County, the three(?) suburbs that have their own dispatch centers in Albany County, and neighboring counties and cities. As far as I know, even a frequency like that doesn't include Troop T.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Gonna take a wild guess and assume that NYLAW1 is not used frequently anymore?
at least for the few agencies Ive listened to, a lot of it moved to IP type CAD systems or a phone call system between agencies. The capital district has a shared CAD system. the capital district has that CDERN UHF repeater between agencies, even the times I would monitor CDERN didn't seem as active as it once was even tho it can be active at times

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
In my years of scanning I can recall exactly one instance of VHF interop channels being used, during the 2020 protests in Rochester agencies conferred and agreed to use VEVENT1 (or some similar name, I can't recall exactly, and I never found the frequency), although they just stuck to their respective tac channels anyway.

Frequencies like the Capital District Emergency Radio Network seem to be the best option so far, connecting dispatchers from Albany, Albany County, the three(?) suburbs that have their own dispatch centers in Albany County, and neighboring counties and cities. As far as I know, even a frequency like that doesn't include Troop T.
Actually, if you are referring to “CDERN” on 460.400, SP Thruway used to be on there. They do a daily roll call/system test. Around 9am I think?

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
It's not difficult. For some reason (I'm guessing lack of concern or superiority complex) LE refuse to simply change a channel and talk directly. It's very strange. Maybe everyone is trying to prove some kind of point by not doing it.
Apparently the T-way troop has a lot of politics involved with their policy etc.
I know in my case/experience we have a specific "protocol" in which we have to "ask permission" or otherwise notify the 911 center about departmental inter-coms. I never have. I contact whoever I need to directly on the appropriate "ops channel". More often than not, 911 will instruct others to do the same with much frustration. The guys I know in dispatch tell me they're tired of being an unnecessary 3rd party relay.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
There was a COPS episode where they wanted to talk to another pursing agencies car and they didn't want them off their frequency. Agencies wanted their people on their channel when STHF and nothing else, they didn't want to lose them in the high stress situation. With SHTF I suppose they want their people on their talkgroup or freq and nothing else until conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.