Ocean County LBI Fire Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
Oh wow. Thats good to hear. Yeah, I do have the paid upgrade. However, I thought I read somewhere on this forum that even with the paid upgrade, it still cannot close call DMR emissions. Perhaps that issue was already resolved with firmware updates.
I have a SDS-100, but rarely use close call.
Sorry, I’m not sure.

lynchy135

Feed Provider
The pin drop on your screenshot is 100% Long Beach Twp, on LBI.
Not Beach Haven West, Stafford Twp.
Last year the Long Beach Twp lifeguards operated on 453.2625 DMR digital, as list in the DB. This season I haven’t heard anything, so it seems like they’re on a different system.

If anyone has the Long Beach Twp lifeguard frequency, it would be much appreciated!
Summer 2020 Long Beach Twp lifeguards used FirstNet PTT phones/radios. It was supposed to be rebroadcasted over 453.2625 DMR and it is if you are close enough to the Long Beach Twp PD building.

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
Summer 2020 Long Beach Twp lifeguards used FirstNet PTT phones/radios. It was supposed to be rebroadcasted over 453.2625 DMR and it is if you are close enough to the Long Beach Twp PD building.
Thanks!

elias1988

Feed Provider
It appears the LBI companies have made the switch to 700 MHz,I’ve been hearing Station 46 and 49 on Fire Operations/Zone 2. They’re still being dispatched on their VHF channel though. EMS remains on VHF.

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
It appears the LBI companies have made the switch to 700 MHz,I’ve been hearing Station 46 and 49 on Fire Operations/Zone 2. They’re still being dispatched on their VHF channel though. EMS remains on VHF.

Same exact observations....
Heard Beach Haven (Station 15) operations now on 700MHz Fire Operations 2.

lynchy135

Feed Provider
Update for summer 2021:
As many mentioned, all the fire departments (15, 46, 49, 51) on the island are running on the county TRS Fire Operations 2. BLFAS (Squad 12) is on EMS 2. BHFAS (Squad 14) and SCFAS (Squad 49) are still on Island Wide 2 (I need to confirm SCFAS, but I am fairly confident I heard them the last time I was down).

I do think it's a little odd that Station 49 and Squad 49 don't both use TRS, but again, I need to confirm this.

LBT Lifeguards are still using the FirstNet PTT which is supposed to be rebroadcasted on DMR 453.2625 TS1.

BLFAS still uses DMR 155.35500 TS1 as an Ops channel, so I am not sure what portables they are using that do both DMR and P25 (maybe they are using 2 separate radios).

Fire Operations 2 and EMS 2 is not on Broadcastify, but they were on Broadcastify Calls. The Calls feed has since gone dark though.

BJSCHIEF4900

Premium Subscriber
Update for summer 2021:
As many mentioned, all the fire departments (15, 46, 49, 51) on the island are running on the county TRS Fire Operations 2. BLFAS (Squad 12) is on EMS 2. BHFAS (Squad 14) and SCFAS (Squad 49) are still on Island Wide 2 (I need to confirm SCFAS, but I am fairly confident I heard them the last time I was down).

I do think it's a little odd that Station 49 and Squad 49 don't both use TRS, but again, I need to confirm this.

LBT Lifeguards are still using the FirstNet PTT which is supposed to be rebroadcasted on DMR 453.2625 TS1.

BLFAS still uses DMR 155.35500 TS1 as an Ops channel, so I am not sure what portables they are using that do both DMR and P25 (maybe they are using 2 separate radios).

Fire Operations 2 and EMS 2 is not on Broadcastify, but they were on Broadcastify Calls. The Calls feed has since gone dark though.
All Fire Dept's are operating on Fire OPS 2 with TAC2 as back up. The fire ground channel is F-Grnd 4 for all LBI. Squad 12 is using E-EMS 2 and E-Interop for coordinating crews. Squad12 still has VHF radio's and can still talk on the OPS channel. Sta49 EMS and Squad 14 operate on LBI Fire 2 still. Squad 14 using LBI 3 temp till the OPS repeater is back up and running. Sta49 EMS channel is short antenna and is tough to listen to at a distance.

lynchy135

Feed Provider
We do not have a link for the 4 talk groups yet. Also F-Ops 2, F-Tac 2, E-EMS 2, and E-Ops 2 are our channels.
All those can talkgroups be heard on those two links I posted. If you want to listen to one channel individually, here is the talkgroups that Node records or you can look at the coverage. This is via Broadcastify Calls though, not the traditional Broadcastify feeds.

SVFC462

Feed Provider
headed down to the Island (Surf City) next week for 3 days or so. Obviously a lot of frequency stuff has changed since i was down at the beginning of March when i used my Kenwood NX5200 to monitor the island and my SDS100 to monitor everything else. Working on updating my 996p2 in my explorer and my SDS100. just to confirm ::
- Dispatch / OPS :: Does it matter which trunk system to monitor? Ocean County Moto Smartzone versus Ocean County P25
- Fire Ground 4 : that is the VHF frequency from the LBI channels?

@BJSCHIEF4900 thank you for keeping us in the loop sir!

BJSCHIEF4900

Premium Subscriber
Between trunk systems, the choice is yours. They say DTV has gone away but our mobiles in the trucks still lose signal and cannot transmit to the tower on UHF. I have noticed inside some buildings the signal will get a site trunking alert with the new radios. Also if you have two radios in the same pocket and you transmit on the fire ground that the radio on the trunk system will give you the site trunk alert. I just think it's due to 1 radio overpowering another.
Dispatch still on Island 1.
Fire ground is on 700 fire ground 4. When the fast team from 47 or 60 comes over they are on fire ground 2.
Squad 49 still operates 151.1000.
Squad14 will be back on DMR 155.385 shortly. The tower was painted and the antenna should be up.

elias1988

Feed Provider
DTV interference definitely hasn’t gone away,maybe hasn’t been as bad in recent years but still remains an issue. May 25th interference was so bad I had to call the fire desk directly by phone since none of my radios were working….

lynchy135

Feed Provider
DTV interference definitely hasn’t gone away,maybe hasn’t been as bad in recent years but still remains an issue. May 25th interference was so bad I had to call the fire desk directly by phone since none of my radios were working….
This is on the 700mhz system?

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
LBI Fire
-I tried to summarize what you all have posted. Hopefully I’m accurate.
-Didn’t include ems.

ISLAND 1
Fire Dispatch
158.7525 (repeater)

ISLAND 4
Primary Fireground
159.7650 (simplex)

FIRE OPS 2 primary ops
FIRE TAC 2 secondary ops
Both on Ocean County 700MHz trunk.

OCEAN COUNTY FIREGROUND 2
Fast teams from station 47 or 60