Odd CSP Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

w1haf

I think I saw it on Shore Rd in Waterford heading toward East Lyme. It had a large center loaded scanner antenna on the right side if the trunk, a 1/4 wave vhf antenna on the right rear , lo-jack antennas on roof and 800 MHz antenna on roof.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
The roof antenna are not lo-jack, they are not in in the 4-square pattern, and each antenna is a varying height. The trunk has a two longer antennas, one I thought was scanner , on driver side, center is low band, maybe CB. On the lip of the trunk are smaller antennas if you see it again, take a look.

Ranger0034

Ok, here's a thought, why doesn't somebody just call CSP Troop E, ask for the shift commander, and simply ask ? We as tax payers, paid for the car, so there's no super secret about it since it's out in public. Troop E phone number 1-800-953-7747

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Ranger,

I had asked the resident trooper who said he had no idea. I plan to ask a trooper I know when I get back home to town in 12 days

kmacinct

I have observed a SLEW of vehicles recently that meet NO STANDARD. Seems the specialty units and special brass have just about everything now.

And I CAN ATTEST to the fact that there are still cars on the road with VHF Portable Extenders, CB Antenna's, Scanner Antenna's, and MORE still installed - not the NORM issued car, but there are still plenty in service. See them all the time in and out of fleet garage . . . .

PJH

Premium Subscriber
No... you are just seeing spares and whatever the individual trooper wants to add.

Vehicle extenders are not in use - or may have been spares that came from BDL that had aircraft radios installed. These were some of the white marked cars that the airport police drove.

CSP has all road troopers outfitted the same. Any additions after that have been explained. Road troopers to MSGT's have the same vehicles. LT's and above have less outfitted cars due to their management roles, but does have minimum equipment (unless the choose to add or request additional equipment).

Executive level management typically have road or "soft" cars that have a radio, and maybe some non-obserible lighting, and are typically "civilian" style vehicles (ie, not your typical patrol vehicle).

Traffic unit usually has the more sporty cars like the Charger, but can be in anything.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Saw an older body style (not bad just older no lightbar) Explorer today in North Haven doing radar. Thought it was a poser till I saw Trooper in full uniform holding the radar and the plate gave it that it was legit and chargers and tauruses everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.