Officer Reported Shot, LAPD West Traffic Div Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio_Lady

Did the officer die???? Hope not
According to Officer Wounded in Shooting at LAPD Station | NBC Southern California "Two desk officers, including the one who was hit, returned fire and wounded the gunman, police said. 'The officer's armored vest was credited with saving his life,' said LAPD Cmdr. Dennis Kato. - The officer was taken to Cedars-Sinai Hospital with a graze wound in the shoulder, police sources said. 'The gunman was taken to the hospital in critical condition', Kato said"

Last edited:

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Officer was shot 7 times and is expected to live. Not sure why the gunman was even taken to the hospital. They should of let the bullet wounds just bleed until nothing was left.

scottyhetzel

This is the second shooting there at the station. I am sure they will have bullet proof glass at the window like most banks in the works for the station. I am glad the officer is ok...

karldotcom

My understanding this was inside the station, not at the front counter.

This is the second shooting there at the station. I am sure they will have bullet proof glass at the window like most banks in the works for the station. I am glad the officer is ok...

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
If this was a front desk officer than anybody could walk in to report a crime, file report, etc. It's a public lobby. Now if the guman had entered in through the rear of the building and somehow bypassed keycard or locked access than I can see an issue being there. Many departments have an open access lobby. I don't see them throwing up security locked doors in the immediate future for the general public to have access to the lobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.