Ohio MARCS-IP Gallipolis Site

cj40

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard anything about maintenance going on for the system or the particular site being down for some reason? Mainly on the Gallipolis (040) site? I have not been able to pick up that particular site for a few days now and it's the closest site to my house. Im able to pick up the other sites (Apple Grove and Addison which are neighboring sites) just fine and I know for sure that it is NOT a programming issue. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have reached out to one of our dispatchers that I stay connected with and he was unaware of any maintenance going on as of Monday.
Will link site info for reference: Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications Site: Gallipolis

tvfd700

Premium Subscriber
I am no longer receiving the Huntington, WV site either. I haven’t had time to play around and see if they changed the control channel, as I don’t primarily listen to MARCS.

cj40

Premium Subscriber
I am no longer receiving the Huntington, WV site either. I haven’t had time to play around and see if they changed the control channel, as I don’t primarily listen to MARCS.
I've been playing around a little bit today and I'm still grabbing the Huntington site just fine from the house (I live in Gallipolis but have an externally mounted antenna on the roof). I may play around some or try to do a spectrum sweep to see if I can nab anything just in case they have changed something.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Has anyone heard anything about maintenance going on for the system or the particular site being down for some reason? Mainly on the Gallipolis (040) site? I have not been able to pick up that particular site for a few days now and it's the closest site to my house. Im able to pick up the other sites (Apple Grove and Addison which are neighboring sites) just fine and I know for sure that it is NOT a programming issue. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have reached out to one of our dispatchers that I stay connected with and he was unaware of any maintenance going on as of Monday.
Will link site info for reference: Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications Site: Gallipolis

For Gallipolis (and MANY sites down in SOuthern Ohio), there are new 800 mhz licenses. I post about them in the main MARCS thread when I see them. It looks like they may be trying to replace some 700 mhz sites with predominantly 800 mhz freqs.

See if you find Gallipolis control channel on one of the frequencies of this new license:

cj40

Premium Subscriber
For Gallipolis (and MANY sites down in SOuthern Ohio), there are new 800 mhz licenses. I post about them in the main MARCS thread when I see them. It looks like they may be trying to replace some 700 mhz sites with predominantly 800 mhz freqs.

See if you find Gallipolis control channel on one of the frequencies of this new license:

I will give that a try. Thank you for the information!

cj40

Premium Subscriber

I'm so sorry I didn't see that sooner! It was definitely the problem and I believe I have finally fixed it. Thank you so much @mtindor

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm so sorry I didn't see that sooner! It was definitely the problem and I believe I have finally fixed it. Thank you so much @mtindor
You're welcome.

Any chance you could submit any changes to Gallipolis to the DB (or at least post them here) as far as active frequencies on the site go? I'm curious if any/all of the DB-listed 700 freqs are still in use, or if the site is totally 800 mhz with no 700 mhz activity. Of course it might take you a while to determine that, or you may not be able to determine that at all.

But if you could at least post the current control channel freq for Gallipolis or submit it to the MARCS DB that would be great.

Mike

cj40

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome.

Any chance you could submit any changes to Gallipolis to the DB (or at least post them here) as far as active frequencies on the site go? I'm curious if any/all of the DB-listed 700 freqs are still in use, or if the site is totally 800 mhz with no 700 mhz activity. Of course it might take you a while to determine that, or you may not be able to determine that at all.

But if you could at least post the current control channel freq for Gallipolis or submit it to the MARCS DB that would be great.

Mike
Actually, I just submitted it. Did a little playing around and was able to determine the three main frequencies for that tower site. Submission should be in your inbox.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Actually, I just submitted it. Did a little playing around and was able to determine the three main frequencies for that tower site. Submission should be in your inbox.
The three main freqs for that site might not necessarily all be control channels. Depending upon the scanner you have, if it's a certain Uniden model you might have the option to use Discovery on it to allow you to site on the site and determine active freqs and such.

At any rate, I added all three freqs to the database. They are all listed as control channels, although I doubt all three are control channels.

Thanks for the update though. At least people monitoring Gallipolis will be able to see changes in the DB. It would not surrpise me if other sites down there in southern Ohio end up switching to 800 mhz at some point. Heck some may have even done so but nobody monitors them in order to know of the change lol.

cj40

Premium Subscriber
The three main freqs for that site might not necessarily all be control channels. Depending upon the scanner you have, if it's a certain Uniden model you might have the option to use Discovery on it to allow you to site on the site and determine active freqs and such.

At any rate, I added all three freqs to the database. They are all listed as control channels, although I doubt all three are control channels.

Thanks for the update though. At least people monitoring Gallipolis will be able to see changes in the DB. It would not surrpise me if other sites down there in southern Ohio end up switching to 800 mhz at some point. Heck some may have even done so but nobody monitors them in order to know of the change lol.
I believe the Apple Grove site may be in the process of that change as well. I wasn't able to get anything on that site either. But Lecta and Addison worked fine up to the time of this post. Will continue to monitor in the coming weeks and any changes I can find I will submit. Thanks again for your help. :)

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I believe the Apple Grove site may be in the process of that change as well. I wasn't able to get anything on that site either. But Lecta and Addison worked fine up to the time of this post. Will continue to monitor in the coming weeks and any changes I can find I will submit. Thanks again for your help. :)
Thanks for keeping an eye on things down there. We definitely need somebody to do that.

Mike

tvfd700

Premium Subscriber
I've been playing around a little bit today and I'm still grabbing the Huntington site just fine from the house (I live in Gallipolis but have an externally mounted antenna on the roof). I may play around some or try to do a spectrum sweep to see if I can nab anything just in case they have changed something.
Interesting, I’ll have to mess with it this weekend. I'm only approximately 5 miles, line of sight, from the tower.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Interesting, I’ll have to mess with it this weekend. I'm only approximately 5 miles, line of sight, from the tower.
I don’t recall precisely, which southern Ohio sites got new licenses that were full of 800 MHz frequencies, but there were quite a number. I had made posts in the MARCS thread when I came upon them. And I added those licenses to the sites.

So in southern Ohio, it may be wise to click on each site that you have an interest in and see if there’s a recent vintage 800 mhz with a lot of frequencies. If so, it’s probably another one of those sites that will eventually switch over to mostly 800 MHz if not completely.

mike

tvfd700

Premium Subscriber
I don’t recall precisely, which southern Ohio sites got new licenses that were full of 800 MHz frequencies, but there were quite a number. I had made posts in the MARCS thread when I came upon them. And I added those licenses to the sites.

So in southern Ohio, it may be wise to click on each site that you have an interest in and see if there’s a recent vintage 800 mhz with a lot of frequencies. If so, it’s probably another one of those sites that will eventually switch over to mostly 800 MHz if not completely.

mike
I see back in January this site had a new license granted, WQTN353, which does include 800mhz frequencies. I'll do some digging this weekend and see what I can come up with off of those.

mtindor, thank you for all of the work you do on here!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I see back in January this site had a new license granted, WQTN353, which does include 800mhz frequencies. I'll do some digging this weekend and see what I can come up with off of those.

mtindor, thank you for all of the work you do on here!

If nothing else, assuming no other sites change control channels, they probably did add some of those 800 MHz frequencies

You’re welcome and thanks for noticing. I appreciate that. Thanks for looking out for new things down south. Southern Ohio, and West Virginia are tricky places to find sleuthers. I’m sure they’re all over but I don’t know of any, so I’m glad that you two in this thread are willing to check some things out or keep an eye on things

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
See this post that I just made in the main MARCS thread: