Ohio State Police tactical scanner frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

photopro

I have looked in the Wiki search and the database but no luck at finding the Ohio State Police tactical scanner frequencies. Any member can answer my query?

ibagli

Pretty much all Highway Patrol stuff is on MARCS. The last few times I saw the SRT talkgroups, though, they were encrypted.

kinfolk

All OSP posts have a TAC channel on the MARCS system but most of the traffic on them is encrypted. I have heard in the clear traffic several times but it is few and far between.

you might monitor their old VHF frequencys like i do.
lorain county 155.445 PL-146.2
stark&summit countys 155.445 PL-156.7
portage countys 154.680 PL-123.0
guernesy county Cambridge Ohio 155.445 PL-136.5

when OSP does I-480 for radar they talk on their old VHF a lot just chating
when i drive to Marietta Ohio Cambridge post talks on their old VHF
so maybe look up when and if they had a VHF channel or maybe their old lowband channels.

CVPI4Ever

We dont have a State Police, we have a Highway Patrol.

Do you maybe mean Ohio State (University) Police?

photopro

Ohio State Police tactical radio scanner frequencies

sorry CVP14 Ever just a slip of the finger on the keyboard. On the Highway Patrol does any member have any information on them?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
sorry CVP14 Ever just a slip of the finger on the keyboard. On the Highway Patrol does any member have any information on them?

All OSP Tactical comms are on MARCS as was stated earlier.
What is it you are specifically wanting to listen to?

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
In most cases, More so with the OSP, and even down to a local level, tactical channels are going to be encrypted, I know there are a few departments out there that may not encrypt but for the most part a majority of them do, Hence the word TACTICAL. But the OSP does have encryption... and they DO use it. So you may be up the crick without a paddle when it comes to listening to sensitive comms such as tactical channels or SRT channels.

GTO_04

you might monitor their old VHF frequencys like i do.
lorain county 155.445 PL-146.2
stark&summit countys 155.445 PL-156.7
portage countys 154.680 PL-123.0
guernesy county Cambridge Ohio 155.445 PL-136.5

when OSP does I-480 for radar they talk on their old VHF a lot just chating
when i drive to Marietta Ohio Cambridge post talks on their old VHF
so maybe look up when and if they had a VHF channel or maybe their old lowband channels.

Do they use VHF or MARCS when they conduct air enforcement (speed checks)? And if they use MARCS, are they using encrypted TGs for that?

GTO_04

dizwiz

Most of the air checks are conducted on the MARCS TAC channels and most of it is encrypted.

Some of it used to be on OHIO LEERN. But more and more if is on the TAC channel for the post they are dispatching out of. Other times Ive heard it on the MCOMM channels. If on MCOMM, its in the clear.

now heres what pisses me off:

My less-capable BC-296D scanner will stop on an encrypted comm showing me the TG ID, control channel, and radio ID. This is useful as I know that someone (from that post) is talking and trying to hide something from me.

However, my supposedly 'more capable' PSR-500 unfortunately recognizes the status bit as being encrypted and doesnt even bother to let me know that an encrypted comm is occurring.

Ive been round and around with GRE about this and apparently this is not changeable. Their scanner automatically skips encrypted comms on a 3600 bps analog CC / digital voice system (like Ohio MARCS). Their newer PSR-800 does the same thing.

However, if MARCS one day goes to 9600 bps digitial CC / digital voice, then the PSR-500 will do as I wish.

a388sig2

I swore I've heard motorcycle units on conventional 800mhz channels. Are they called I-TAC?

traumacop

The planes when operating in central Ohio operate on the tac ie. 45tac unencrypted.

Sent from the trenches of Cbus on my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

quarterwave

I have heard coordinated activities on the 800 I-TAC conventional repeaters....there are some of those around.
In Ross county OSP was using 155.505 for "chatter" frequently, but havent heard any in a few months...they may have changed freqs or took that one out of their VHF's if the reprogrammed them for narrow...just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.