OHP Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbestfirefighter

Dozer
Premium Subscriber
OHP in pursuit starting at 1-40 and Garthbrooks, in Yukon, Trooper gets out to make contact with suspect. Suspect takes off.

dbestfirefighter

Dozer
Premium Subscriber
Overview of the chase 06:53 hours to 07:37 hours.

Attachments

• chase.JPG
    chase.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

kc2iyh

What was the reason for the pursuit and why would OCPD deny assistance and the provide unsolicited assistance later? I guess if an OCPD units needs OHP they won't forget this. Is the LT a political appointee?

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Watch the news tonight...

I guess since the chase was going thru city streets and OHP already was involved, they decided to let OHP have it to limit the number of cars involved in the chase.

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
canders2 said:
Watch the news tonight...

I guess since the chase was going thru city streets and OHP already was involved, they decided to let OHP have it to limit the number of cars involved in the chase.

That's exactly right. New pursuit engagement rules came into play almost two years ago.

The first thing that happens is, a managing supervisor is advised and put directly in charge. That supervisor starts asking a bunch of questions about traffic, charges, road conditions, etc. Air One is then called. Once Air One gets on scene, ALL ground units back off.

OR

Once the pursuit travels onto an interstate, OHP gets involved and almost all OCPD units are told to back off and go back into service.

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
...my point is, once these new rules of engagement were put into place, supervisors have strick rules they have to follow. Those rules did not allow for OCPD to assist OHP in the actual pursuit. They did however, assist with stop sticks and with paralleling the pursuit to assist on the ground if/when the pursuit ended. So, it wasn't that he was thumbing his nose at OHP. He was assisting in ways that his rules allowed for him to assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.